stopping birth control side effects or pregnancy?

i recently stopped my birth control pills about two weeks ago. i had my period but it was only three days, which is unusual for me. i've been feeling dizzy, not hungry and sick to my stomach for about 3 weeks. last time i was pregnant, i was very dizzy and was nauseas too. now i'm spotting blood for the last 3 days and it's starting to get heavier as we speak. could this be from stopping my bc or does it sound like i'm pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 PM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• How long were you on BC for? It could very possibly just be your body adjusting to the change in hormones...and going back to normal. I was on BC for a year and a half...stopped it because it was making me sick...and 2 months later I was pregnant, it could be pregnancy as well. Take a pregnancy test if you aren't sure.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:22 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• 2 weeks doesn't seem like long enough to be having pregnancy side effects yet. you could be pregnant, but even a test wouldn't tell you this early. my guess would be just your body getting back to normal. it may take a few months to regain a normal, steady cycle.
    pugmama

Answer by pugmama at 10:22 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Talk to your dr and get a blood test, since a home test might not be able to tell this early. It could just be your body getting used to not having the hormaones from your pills, but if you're worried call your dr.
    Anonymous

• i had the same symptoms when i quit nausea spotting leading to very unusual heavy bleeding and fatigue while my body adjusted.
    Anonymous