I NEED help with my decision of which Birth control is best for me!

So I was all set to get paragard this coming month and desided to look online at reviews for it..... now im scared lol I hate being on the pill! I have NO sex drive, moody, have a herd time remembering to take it and just hate how I feel on it. anybody have any experience with paragard? mirina (heard HORROR stories) and anyother bc besides the pill? Mainly I just dont want to lose my sex drive which the pills do to me!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:46 PM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Health

• Well if you are totally freaked out by the idea of an IUD and hormones eff you up there is always diaphrams, spermicide, sponges, and condoms. What exactly was it that put you off to the Paragard option?

I got Paragard because my daughter is nursing and I really like it (even though i have no need for it currently haha)
    sk_tennyson

Answer by sk_tennyson at 10:52 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• I had a Paragard and mine stuck in my cervix. It was very painful. I'm certain the doc put it in wrong. I don't see that doc anymore.

We use fertility awareness method. It's free. It works for us. It doesn't work for everyone. My cycles are regular and I can easily predict my ovulation. Also, my DH is very willing to be part of the family planning process.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:02 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• I use Mirena and have had nothing bad to say about it! I have no pain, very littl spotting in the year its been in and no real hormone issues except the normal after birth/post breast feeding issues.
    ballerina_06

Answer by ballerina_06 at 1:43 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• What about a diaphragm? They work without hormones and have no side effects. They never caused a stroke, infertility or PID; you won't gain weight, get depressed, or lose your libido; your periods won't be affected. They have never been the subject of class action lawsuits and are instantly reversible.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:21 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• NFP (natural family planning) combined with condoms for that extra protection ;)
    If your menstral cycle is regular you can track your cycles and know when you are ovulating and all you have to do is not have sex during that time, its like a couple days out of each month.
    There are books that explain in detail how to do this, and once you get good at it, its a VERY effective birth control method...its not foolproof but NOTHING is, not even getting your tubes tied!
    Good luck!
    jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 8:24 AM on Feb. 1, 2010