Pagans, Wiccans, if your child was terminal and a prayed over him/her to heal him, would you be upset?

Hypothetically speaking...If you knew God and prayer was involved in your child's healing and was the reason your child was healed, would you be upset that someone used God on your child even if it was for something good? Would you be upset if after the Bible touched your child's ears, your child was healed and doctors says it had to be God that healed him/her, would you be mad? Would you belive it was the Christian God? Would you turn to the Christian God and thank him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:50 PM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• But for many Christians there is always proof of "Their" God, that Their God is behind all that happens and anything

as we are taught in the Bible. So in this situation it was a no win question. We say God is the one and only like the Bible says and we are called hypocrites, we say OK it was something the Bible says is an abomination we are not just called hypocrites we actaully ARE hypocrites.

I would think if one follows a religion they would follow it fully because if they don't, those who don't believe the bible is accurate will accuse them of cherry picking the bible. It is like a shark tank waiting to pounce.
    Anonymous

• If my child needed faith healing, I wouldn't be picky about what faith worked.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:54 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• No I would not. It happens all the time in my family. Every Christian in my family prays for us whenever things are not going well. Doesn't bother me one bit. During hard times, we can use all the help we can get. If the Christian God lends a hand, then thank you very much. Unlike come uppity Christians around here, I am NOT too full of myself to know that we all need help at one time or another, even if it comes from surprising sources.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 10:55 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Im Not Pagan, Not Wiccan, Not Christian either, I consider myself spiritual...

I wouldnt be offended at all. I saw your other question and I believe in witchcract as well. I also believe in God/dess(es). So I would give thanks to whoever helped saved my baby! I wouldnt up and become Christian tho, but I would be thankful.

~spoken
    Anonymous

• uhhh HA you didn't say you would turn to God LOL
    Anonymous

• would you be mad? Would you belive it was the Christian God? Would you turn to the Christian God and thank him?

Anonymous

• I don't know what to think of faith healing, I had the verse where it says "they praise me with their tongues but their hearts are far from me. Also the one about how they will cast out demons and do miracles on God's name. That makes me think of Sunday Christians sometimes the new way of praising God where you speak in this garble and then BOOM you're healed or you healed someone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Oh My Goddess, talk about drawing false conclusions. sigh. I'd be more upset that someone had access to my child without permission. I'd be upset that someone would be trying to use religion as a wedge during a very traumatic time with my family. I'd be very upset that no one washed their hands before hand. I'd be upset that someone doesn't have enough brains, er....education to understand the miraculous, er...scientifically explainable event. Now, just why would I thank this person's personal god for this supposed miracle that they are trying to take credit for?
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 12:13 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• BINGO isabellaecour and I think that is what many Christians were trying to put in there with the other questions and we were just called hypocrites. For the record, I agree with you a thousand times
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• First off...no one I know would do something so silly. IF it was done without my permission then hell ya Id be upset.

IF all they do is pray over them or near them or in their church group....fine.

IF they start laying hands or books all over my child and didnt get my go ahead(which they wouldnt)then they'd be hearing from me loudly because I would find that disrespectful.

Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:29 AM on Feb. 1, 2010