Anyone ever get pregnant using a condom?

Were you also on the pill or only using condoms?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 PM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I have a friend who got pregnant using a condom while also on the pill.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 10:54 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• I think if you are having sex, getting pregnant is always possible.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 10:55 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• My dh and I used condoms for 10 years and never got pregnant.
    Anonymous

• Yes. Just condems though. I had an appt to get the pill, but found out a week beforehand that I was pregnant.
    My sil was on the pill and got pregnant. My mom had an IUD and she also got pregnant while it was in. I don't believe the whole "99.99% effective". Everyone's body reacts differently. You can't really tell how effective it will be for you based off of how it worked for someone else.
    Anonymous

• ME! I was faithfully on the pill, took it at the same time EVERYDAY, never had a scare nothing with an at the time steady boyfriend and then we split and I met my DH and was pregnant in two months time (don't judge, we have been married almost 6 years now!) and we used a condom and I was on the pill. To me, I think that my oldest son was just meant to be, I mean we were very careful and it didn't matter I suppose.
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 11:17 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• OP here...thanks for the responses...it's just I
    Anonymous

• Op here, thanks for the responses...I am curious because I read somewhere that condoms were only 85% effective...and 98% when used correctly....so I was just wondering because dh and I only use condoms ,for our own reasons we don't use pill, or others, and those numbers had me wondering how often a defect or condom leaking, etc, happens...we have never gotten pregnant on the condom before, but I read that quite a few people on CM know someone who has.
    Anonymous