Blocks

What's should I clean my son wooden blocks with? What should I clean his mega blocks with? Ppl say I shouldn't use bleach cause im 30 weeks pregnant

kadmomma

Asked by kadmomma at 11:22 PM on Jan. 31, 2010 in General Parenting

• Bleach isnt going to hurt you...don't drink it! lol...just kidding....anyway....just use water with a little bleach in it. Its fine. I worked cleaning houses when I was pregnant...used all kinds of stuff to clean with & my child is just fine. He's nearly 16 now so if he was going to come out brain damaged from me cleaning 8 hrs a day when pregnant I think it would show up by now!
    Anonymous

• There's a Clorox spray that's safe to use and disinfects. You can use it on baby things, in the kitchen, etc.

It's called Clorox Anywhere Hard Surfaces Spray, and it's a daily sanitizing cleaner.

Also, you could try wiping them with disinfectant wipes - both Clorox and Lysol make them :-)

I use both the spray and the wipes (I buy whichever of the wipes are cheaper or that I have a coupon for, they're both good) at my house. I'm not pg, but I have friends that have used these things while pg with no problems.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 11:35 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• I would just stick the megablocks in the bath tub and use diluted bleach. It's not like you are drinking it or something, so there's not much chance it will make you any sicker than doing laundry.
    Maybe I'm bad, but I've never cleaned my dd's wood blocks.
    Anonymous

• along with putting it in diluted bleach you can stick them in this type of mesh bag sort thingie that you can stick in the dishwasher (the mega blocks not the wooden ones lol) and it'll steam them out for you. my mother in law told me to do it and it is a great trick
    khmymommi

Answer by khmymommi at 11:42 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• you could use lysol or bleech with a cup of water delute it so it's not strong.
    sweetheart1207

Answer by sweetheart1207 at 2:33 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Vinegar and water are fine.
    Unless they are new, there is no reason to clean the blocks.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:15 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• vinegar and water is always safe! stinky but safe! if you Want to use bleach, just dont breathe it and use gloves.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 9:09 AM on Feb. 1, 2010