How do you feel about the Obama girls being put on a diet?

Aparently mom thinks they are fat.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 PM on Jan. 31, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Link?

I want to read where you're getting this from.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:30 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Everyone who eats anything is technically on a diet. Did you see a tabloid headline or hear some radio clip about this or something?
    It's not our place to judge what they are eating, but I'm sure their mom is looking out for them and making sure they are eating healthy.
    Anonymous

• Michelle Obama puts daughters on a diet as she launches anti-obesity campaign
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1247254/Michelle-Obama-puts-daughters-diet-launching-obesity-campaign-U-S.html
    Anonymous

• Michelle looks like she has packed on the pounds over the last year
    http://www.examiner.com/x-19673-Michelle-Obama-Examiner~y2009m8d20-Michelle-Obama-101-How-much-weight-has-Michelle-Obama--gained-since-the-election-POLLSLIDESHOW
    Anonymous

• "The First Lady said that she had been warned by the family paediatrician that 'something was getting out of balance' with her two children Malia 11, and Sasha, 8.'In my eyes I thought my children were perfect - I didn’t see the changes,' Mrs Obama said at an event organised by US health officials."

Doesn't sound like Michelle thought her daughters were fat.  More like their doctor thought something was going on and that for health reasons they needed to eat better.  Way to try to spin it to sound like Mrs. Obama is a nut prepping her children for self confidence issues and eating disorders.  I think it's great that she's setting an example for Americans, who in general are extremely unhealthy.

PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 11:41 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• If it's true that is one of the most dumb things I have heard. Those girls are beautiful just the way they are and they sure don't look like they need to lose weight.
    Jacqalyn

Answer by Jacqalyn at 11:42 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Wow! You don't put 8 & 11 year olds on a DIET. You make some changes if they are eating junk and you make sure they are active and then you let them grow. They don't need to lose weight, they just need to wait for a growth spurt and then work healthier from there.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:47 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• Their kids... Their life. I don't care what she does with her own kids... None of my business.
    I AM curious to see how much she gets out there for her NEW cause. I wonder if it will be as little as she did for military families...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:48 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

Sounds like she isdoing wht the doctor told her to do to protect her children's health, like any of the rest of us would.
    I don't like Obama, but c'mon, don't pick on the way his wife takes care of the kids.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 11:54 PM on Jan. 31, 2010

• I think the part of this story that bugs me is that she is using her daughters for this issue and putting them out there like that. They are coming into ages where the littlest thing sways your self esteem and here she is throwing out there that the Dr thinks they had a weight problem coming on. This will lead to closer scrutiny on them and puts undo pressure on them. I understand her supporting her cause and it IS absolutely her right to raise her children as she sees fit. And I DO think she should listen to her kids dr. But I do NOT like her using them with one hand for an agenda while expecting them to be left alone by others. KWIM?

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 12:00 AM on Feb. 1, 2010