17 weeks should i feel movement?

Everything i read says that i should feel movement soon should iThis is my first? Also when i do start feeling slight movement when and how is the best time to feel it agean?

tanostyna

Asked by tanostyna at 12:03 AM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I didnt feel it till about 22 weeks. It was well after my 18 wks ultrasound that told me she was a girl. I could clearly see her & I clearly looked pregnant by then but I still just did not feel her! I used to joke that maybe i wasnt really pregnant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• usually after you eat something. Or drink something sweet like juice. I didn't feel my baby until 20 weeks.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 12:05 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Sugar is a great way to get movement and lay down on your left side, m&m's worked great with my DD. I felt her about 20 weeks first baby, and 12 weeks second one.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 1:12 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Don't freak out. It's normal, especially with first pregnanies to not feel much movement at this point. One reason is because in first time pregnancies you're not sure what you're supposed to be feeling. Fluttering and gas feel very similar. You could actually be feeling movement without knowing it at this point. And yes a lot of times shortly after you eat you will feel the baby stirring around. A lot of women find that the baby moves when they're trying to sleep or when they first wake up in the morning (times when you're still). During the day when you're up and moving you may not feel the baby move as much because your movement sort of rocks them to sleep.
    Court128

Answer by Court128 at 2:24 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Totally normal and I think it also depends on where the placenta is. I didn't REALLY start to feel my daughter move until around 20 or 22 weeks, I think. THEN I felt her! And I felt her all the time. I'm 16 weeks now, second pregnancy and I feel something here and there but I'm not always sure it's the baby and it is not consistent.
    Simply_Janeen

Answer by Simply_Janeen at 7:13 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• with my first pregnancy, i didn't feel movement until 20 weeks or so. :-) and then it was just tiny tiny little twitches. it took until about 23 weeks to really feel those exciting movement.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 10:02 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• everyone is different if you havent felt your little one my like 24 weeks then just talk to your dr about it and they can help you i on the other hand felt all mine early my first i felt her at 16-18 weeks and my second was around 15 weeks im 16 weeks preg with #3 and i have been feeling movement since 11 weeks
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 10:09 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• this is my first and I barely started feeling her move and I'm just about to be 23 weeks, so no worries!
    blueangel916

Answer by blueangel916 at 11:37 PM on Feb. 1, 2010