I am looking for some fun activities for a 4 year old and a 2 year old?

My girls get bored alot. We are petty much confined to our house.My baby was sick at birth and spent a month in the NICU so we can't take her out until spring. My older girls get bored with their toy after awhile ad then start to fight.

happymomma199

Asked by happymomma199 at 1:20 AM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Take a can of shaving cream and spray it on the kitchen table. Let them play in it, kids their age LOVE this and it is an easy clean up too. Also you can make playdough, they love to do this as well.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 1:25 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• save boxes like cereal boxes and make space ships necklaces with noodles make cards for daddy or other family. play music and dance. Or put blue painters tape on the floor its race track lol I used to worked as a pre school teacher and also I have a four year old step son. good luck
    superstepmommy

Answer by superstepmommy at 1:39 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• the shaving cream thing is great, although i normally do it outside lol. walmart has games for $5, like candyland, chutes and ladders, memory games and card games. we got our 2yr old a mickey mouse memory game for christmas and he LOVES it. you can always make your own cards too. or valentines day is coming up, have them make something for daddy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Oh yeah, you can also get a giant cardboard box, recliner chair boxes are great, and make a play house out of it. Decorate it up with windows, doors, paint flowers on it, etc. We done this for my 3 yr old nephew and he LOVES it!
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 1:55 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• try scavanger hunts with the alphabets. they can learn and have fun at the same time.
    sweetheart1207

Answer by sweetheart1207 at 2:14 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I set my 3 year old down with a 13x9 inch baking dish full of rice or pinto beans. I give him kitchen gadgets- scoops, measuring cups, teaspoons and he plays forever.

He also paints the bath tub. I put him in a ratty pair of shorts, put finger paint on a paper plate and let him go to town. I just turn the shower on and rinse him off. He gets a real kick out of it.

He also likes to play in colored water. A few drops of food coloring in a sink full of water, some tub toys, alot of towels underneath the chair and you'll have a happy kid for atleast an hour.

Make "Goop" 1c. water, 1 1/2 c. cornstarch, food coloring. The goop will get firm when you squeeze it and turn back to goop when you relese your hand. Very cool.

Make a jello aquarium. Use nerds for the rocks, gummy fish or swedish fish and blue jello. They'll run to check on their fishtank 100 times.

Have fun playing with your little ones!! Best wishes.

CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 10:34 PM on Feb. 2, 2010