Do you think women who have messy homes are lazy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Not always. I love the fact that when a home is messy it is the woman's fault. No one ever says, "Poor girl, her family is so messy and doesn't clean up after themselves". They always say, Ppoor family, mom is lazy and doesn't keep a clean house." Why is it always the mom's fault? Maybe she cleans the family are slobs faster than she can keep it together.

sweeping

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:34 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• No not necessarily there is a difference between messy and dirty... I couldn't have a messy house it would just irritate me. If they had a dirty house then yea, I would think they were lazy.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 1:38 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Depends on how messy....ever seen that show Hoarders on A & E? Yeah, if it looked like those then I would probably think "lazy"...if its just cluttered but you can tell they try well different story. If there's garbage all over, dirty dishes piled up that sort of thing then yeah thinking "lazy".
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• some are lazy, MOST are not.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 1:39 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• well if it's dirty, (and i don't mean as in messy, like toys all over the floor, cuz then i'd be considered "lazy" even though i pick up toys almost 24/7), they're either lazy OR they have a husband that forgot to take the trash to the side of the road on trash day. (aka- my husband. grr sometimes i can just kick him)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• It depends. If she is a SAHM yes she is lazy as hell if her house is dirty. If she works outside of the home and it is messy she needs to put a boot in someones azz and make them help clean the house.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 1:48 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Just messy? No I think they are very busy, been there done that although my idea of messy and yours could be very different, I know it is for my friends and I, anytime I think my house is messy they roll their eyes at me. my idea of messy is kids jackets, back packs and shoes on chairs and floor instead of closet, toys on the floor instead of back in bedrooms, breakfast dishes still in sink and yesterdays mail scattered because the cat and dog got in a tug of war over it while i ran to get the kids from school (no joke this has happened)

Dirty? then yes your lazy, if i cant see the floor and there is a pathway, and pizza from 3 weeks ago is on the table and I can smell your bathroom at the front door then please get off your lazy rear and clean.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:50 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I think it depends. Just because you're a SAHM and your house is messy (I don't mean dirty - I mean cluttered) - then that doesn't always mean that you're lazy. For example, I have a very good friend who has 5 kids and is a SAHM. Two of them are Autistic. Her husband is in the military. There were times when he was deployed and she was pg with the last one that her house was messy - as in cluttered. It wasn't dirty, and she is one of the most hard working women I know. But, after cooking, doing the laundry, taking care of the kids, helping with school work, dealing with the issues that go with having children with special needs, and the drain that comes from being pg, sometimes she just didn't have the energy to pick up the toys, or put away the last load of laundry, or whatever.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 1:53 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• it depends on the situation. a SAHM is lazy when she doesn't really do anything [I have a friend who sits on her ass at home and barely takes care of her 2 daughters... don't really understand why she got another one when she doesn't care for the first child]
    but if they're constantly trying to keep the house up and it's still cluttered due to kids and the husband and whatnot.. no.
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 1:56 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I don't like it when my house is messy, meaning cluttered, but I absolutely can't stand it to be dirty. But, there are times when my kids were little that it would be messy (meaning cluttered) in the "public" parts of the house - kitchen, living room, etc. Usually, that was because I had been spending the day (or a couple of days) doing things like cleaning out all the closets and going through all the kids clothes and toys, getting rid of things they've outgrown. So there could be bags full of clothes and piles of toys in the living room, etc.

Even now with teens, this can happen. Like the other day, I was in charge of popcorn sales for our Scout Troop, and my kids had some stuff going on. In between going back and forth to check on how the sales were going, I was stripping and buffing my kitchen floor and doing laundry - which got piled on the couch, making it very cluttered and messy, but I was working all day.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 1:57 AM on Feb. 1, 2010