Does being an azz about something make you get your point across better?

I read post after post of name calling because someone thinks differently on an issue then someone else does. Doesn't that crap ever get old and do you really think that helps your cause? I could care less if you are for or against gay marriage or whatever, but being an azz but does not help your cause for or against it!

ronjwake

Asked by ronjwake at 1:44 AM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• bwahahaahaaaaaaaa i love cafemom
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 7:44 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• So now we know one of those gay posts went crazy..was it the usual? The so self proclaimed 'tolerant' ones bashing those who disagree with gay marriage and slaming their Christian beliefs?
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 1:48 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Yep, the same ol crap! It always come down to them "evil" Christians holding back progress. The name calling is simply silly on both sides though.
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 1:50 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• People just need to remember, once the opposing person gets personal you have already won. I am just so sick of people who don't read the bible try to use it to support their case. I can't stand it! But yes I am guilty of calling out the ignorant, ignorant. Does it help? Probably not but it makes me feel better.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 2:02 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I wish there was an edit button, by cause I mean to lash out against Christians. Saying the bible said Abraham to kill Issac how horrible etc. etc. you get my point. lol
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 2:05 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Not really. That's not saying I've never done it, but even when I did it, I didn't expect it to help my cause, LOL.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 2:09 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Indeed it does.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:11 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• While I believe in God, I don't use the bible for my personal believe system. I think one should have a good, clean debate. Once one results to name calling to try to get their point across, they have lost the battle...
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 2:12 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Seems like a lot of people think that it will! Too bad they don't realize how it makes them look..
    29again

Answer by 29again at 3:33 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I do it sometimes just to vent my frustrations and I know it doesn't help, but I see how it can get and it bugs me, all the Christian bashing on here can get out of hand. I also think there are some Christians that take it too far as well, when we are damning people to hell that is a little bit too much and too far IMO, the door swings both ways in a bad fashion.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 3:41 AM on Feb. 1, 2010