Anybody got relief for migraines????

Hi- I have migraines from a head injury from 1996 and have gotten little relief since then. I've been on lots of meds since then, mostly experimental, with lots of side effects. Right now I take Topamax and that has been okay for awhile but doesn't eradicate the headaches. I am now getting Botox shots as a supplemental treatment and that has made a huge difference. That has been going on for over a year now. Now, it has not been lasting as long or working as well. Anybody out there with a migraine success story? Or any tips or tricks? Thanks and be blessed.

Onefluidmotion

onefluidmotion

Asked by onefluidmotion at 2:47 AM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Health

• Magnesium supplements help.

Definitely try a chiropractor, as this is related to an injury.

Do you keep a food diary? Some common migraine trigger foods are: nitrates (like in cured meats), vinegar, chocolate, cheese, tree nuts, MSG/HFCS. You may want to work with a nutritionist/dietician, or on your own, to structure an elimination diet to try to determine if you have any migraine trigger foods.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:54 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I had them all the time before I had kids. When I was pregnant with my first. I started to see a chiroprator. That was 7 yrs ago and have not had one since then.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 9:42 AM on Feb. 1, 2010