when to try...

My daughter is 10 months old and has brought my husband and I more joy than someone could imagine. We are contimplating trying again for another child in the near future. My question is that my husband is deploying in August for 12-15 months. My daughter and I are going home to stay with my mother(lol she begged) while my husband is gone to save money and spend time as a family with them. I want my children to be close together in age thats why im not sure when to do this. Need advice if this is a good idea or no.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:16 AM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• If you want to become pregnant before then, then yes of course do it but you need to start soon to make sure that is can happened.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 3:18 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• This is a hard decision Im sure. You may want your kids close together in age but at what expence. Is your hubby ok not being there for the first year of your childs life. To me it sounds like he would miss out alot..your daughter now brings him so much joy. I think you two need to sit down and talk this thru more, remind him on what he would be missing out on.
    Another thing is... are you going to be able to handle a toddler and infant all by yoursel I know you have your mom but its not the same as having DH aroundf?? Just some things to think about.. your decison of course.. Good luck in whatever you decide.
    Rjmjpappy

Answer by Rjmjpappy at 9:29 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• If you want them close then go for it. But one thing to think about. Is he ready to miss out on the pregnancy, possibly the birth and first few days of the new one. Just something Elseto think about. I am not say not to have one. If you want them close then have fun and go for it. But just from other's I know that have hubby's that were or are deployed. That is one complaint they have all talked about.

Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 9:34 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Ok I have a question, is he Army? If so then maybe you can try when he is on R&R that way he won't miss out on the entire process, that is a big chance R&R isn't very long but it might be enough to help you find a better compromise.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:37 PM on Feb. 1, 2010