What do stay at home moms do all day?

Are there certain things you do daily with your kids?
Do you leave the house everyday?
When do you find time for yourself?

I'm just looking for ideas. I recently became a SAHM again and I'm kind of at a loss as to what I'm "supposed" to do other than play with the kids and clean the house. Plus I'm going a little stir crazy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:22 AM on Feb. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• I make breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, clean up after my toddler, watch shows with her play games with her, we go out sometimes but not much in the winter it is alaska afterall, in the summer we go on walks, go to the park, go fishing etc. When they are little babies you just cuddle them a lot and help them with their milestones.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 3:25 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I still feel stir crazy but I try to go out once a month if not more on my own to clear my head and have adult time.
    truealaskanmom

• lots of reading,worksheets,visit his friends,sometimes park,library all sorts of stuff.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 3:53 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Mine is in school and doesn't get home until 6:30pm on most days, due to sports practice. There is always something for me to do, I am a clean freak so I do a lot around the house. But I also play on the computer as well ;)
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 3:56 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I play with my child, we bake, color, play dolls, we go shopping have lunch, snack, naptime is my time to read a magazine or watch show or two, I cook supper every night and bake something at least 4x a week, i clean my home from top to bottom once a week and pick up everyday an yes we get out 3-4x a week eve if it is going to the Walmart or food shopping it's getting out and away from the house we also do story time once a week and play group onces a week.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:00 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Join a mommy group. Being a SAHM can be really isolating.
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 6:27 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I am technically a SAHM but i certianly consider what I do to be work. work on my own time thankfully, set by my own hours. I got in to couponing and frugal living and shopping type stuff. best thing i ever did. very fulfulling!
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 6:48 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• My kids are older now and in school, but when they were young I had a schedule of something to do everyday, it kept me sane.  I had play dates/ playgroups.  We went to the library every other day because it was easy to keep track of my kids there and it got us out of the house.  I read to my kids all day long, its the only time my son didn't cry, he had terrible colic.  I taught them baby sign language, letters when they were older.  We painted, colored, read, played with play dough.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:49 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I found time for myself when my husband came home. I would spend an hour just laying down in my room or reading.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:50 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I spend time with my son and watch him develop, he watches Sesame Street and we talk about different stuff. He is 2, so I am teaching him how to talk. We are learning to use the potty and our colors. We know our body parts. When my daughter gets home, we learn about what happened with her all day. Then we start on homework. We do pre spelling and pre vocab tests along with her other assignments.

I cook dinner for her and have them in the bed by 8:30. I try to keep a nice home, not spotless because I have a 2 year old. My hubby's dinners are hot, when he gets home. I wash and iron his clothes. I make him breakfast, lunch and dinner.
    35yoamom

Answer by 35yoamom at 7:09 AM on Feb. 1, 2010