Badwords or no badwords?

HI, How do you get people to take you serously, do you talk w/badwors but not name calling just talk w/badword and you look kinda tough or do you speak nice properly and you get respeck that way or people laugh at you like you think you are perfect?!

The reason I ask it's b/c I know someone not nice and speaks bad words and people are like "yes what ever you say" and she manipulates people even if the know she is a master manipulator and mean as h-e-l-l person, I speak nice and polite, almost a doormat but I get no respect for doing the right thing! Should I start talking badwords too but not being mean to people I m just using badwords??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:52 AM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• No you just need to hold yourself high and have an air or superiority and intelect (sp?) to back it up. If you cuss you look trashy and they may respond but they won't respect you.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 4:54 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• No, don't lose your integrity for other people.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:19 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• no but you might want to be more assertive. you admit to almost being a doormat. if you dont respect yourself and what you are saying, no one else is either.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 6:54 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• No, you can be firm and in control without resorting to using "bad" language. I have never used it and had no problem managing a restaurant with well over 50 employees, keeping it running smoothly and making sure the employees were on task at all times. There's no reason to have to use vulgar language to get what you want. There is a really good book called "Boundaries" by Cloud/Townsend which is really good at helping you learn to be more assertive.

Answer by missanc at 10:23 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I don't think it's about the words as much as it's about the demeanor when the words are said. NO, don't change who you are just get better friends that listen and respect you.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:32 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Thank you, thank you very much!
    Very good advise from all of you! THANK YOU!
    Anonymous

• No you should not use bad words. You should instead speak firm and look serious when you are wanting people to take you seriously. And if you feel they don't then end the conversation and move on. People will respect you if you command it and don't accept anything less.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 4:00 AM on Feb. 2, 2010