spiting up

i think my dd has acid reflux b/c every time i feed her she either spits up or throws up i am burping her every ounce or two but they say they are supposed to be coliky every time she throws up she just smiles like she finds it hilarious that i have throw up all over me.so do you hink she has acid reflux or is there something i could do differently .2months old

sashasmom159

Asked by sashasmom159 at 6:59 AM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Bring her the the doctor.

Answer by louise2 at 7:43 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• It doesn't sound like reflux. My daughter has reflux and it is horrible, she arches her back in pain, and cries A LOT. It sounds like you baby is just a spitter.If she is breastfed you might have a strong let down and she is getting a lot of milk at once or she may just be eating too much. My oldest spit up a lot but not in a painful way, she was just a spitter. Talk to you doctor about it.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 9:35 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• i don't think it is reflux either. babies just spit up sometimes! get used to the mommy badge...always a dirty shoulder!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:32 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• its not just spit up i bottle feed and sometimes she throws up the whole bottle 30 min later i feed her every 3-4 hours a 4 oz bottle she is a big girl weighed 9lbs at birth
    sashasmom159

Answer by sashasmom159 at 10:41 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Feed her less, like 3 oz instead of 4oz. Do not let her get to full.

Answer by louise2 at 11:20 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• My older daughter's pediatrician told us that even though it seems like a lot of spit up it is only a small amount of actual milk or formula. My daughter would soak me a few times a day (I did a lot of laundry), but she continued to gain weight and now is a normal 3 year old. If she is not gaining weight, there maybe another problem, but if she is gaining normally and just spitting up a lot get used to doing a lot of laundry. Some good advice is to bring and extra set of clothes for yourself when you go out, I can't tell you how many times my daughter threw up all over me out in public. Good Luck.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 11:21 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• i just took her to the doctor she does have reflux she does not have to cry
    sashasmom159

Answer by sashasmom159 at 4:02 PM on Feb. 1, 2010