i know that you are noy suppose to sleep on your bach while preggers but i am a stomach sleeper and sleeping on my sides causes my hips to hurt even more. i am constantly waking up on my back. i am alomost 15 weeks can this hurt my baby?

jfrancis91680

Asked by jfrancis91680 at 7:07 AM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I never was told to NOT sleep on my back. it was suggested to sleep i think on the left side? that the oxygen flowed better for the baby that way? but that wasmuch later on in the pregnancy. is this your first? later in your pregnancy when the baby is bigger, you likely wont enjoy sleeping on your back anymore
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 7:10 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Yes this is my first so I'm extra nervous. Ha I mispelled not. Typing on my cell phone is dificult. Lol
    jfrancis91680

Answer by jfrancis91680 at 7:15 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Just don't exercise flat on your back. Not worry about it. And try a pillow between your knew while on your side. that will releives stress fro your hips.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:13 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• sleepI always slept on my back while pregnant and never had a problem.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:41 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I was told to sleep however I wanted as long as I was comfortable!! I would use extra pillows to keep pressure off my belly (i am a stomach sleeper)
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 8:43 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Nope wont hurt the baby, but later on in your pregnancy YOU will be the one hurting lol.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 8:56 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I'm a back sleeper. I slept on my back with both pregnancies until 20 or so weeks and then it just started to get uncomfortable. Then, I had no choice but to move to my side. I'll be honest, my hips hurt every night and I can't sleep well. Even with all the expensive pillows. I hate it. Going to bed at night is the worst part of my day because I'll always wake up with hurting hips! I'm 38 weeks with my 2nd now and can't WAIT to sleep on my back again! I'm up all hours of the night waiting for the hip pain to go away so I can go back to sleep.

Or try sleeping in a recliner...it's not too bad.
    ClaireW

Answer by ClaireW at 9:52 AM on Feb. 1, 2010