I have a fourteen month old who we think is allergic to milk and maybe soy too ?

is it okay to give him rice milk

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:11 AM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i would 100% say you need to talk to your child's pediatrician about special dietary needs.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 8:13 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• My 4 year old grandson is allergic to milk and soy. You really need to take your chld to an allergist.
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 8:39 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• My son is 22months and is allergic to milk so i talked to his pedi dr and found out he was lactose in tolorant....there is milk for that problemm. my suggestion is to talk to your childs pedi dr.
    singlemomof0756

Answer by singlemomof0756 at 8:48 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• My daughter was allergic to everything but Corn Formula when she was born . I couldnt even breastfeed . Corn formula was very expensive and made her grow a ton . She was a little tank !!!! She grew out of it when she was a around a year old though she drinks whole milk everyday now . THank GAWD !!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• after i quit breastfeeding my lo's i never gave them any milk at all. we have oatmeal if we want cereal. we get calcium from green food, we get vit d from the sun. humans are the only animals that consume milk beyond the infancy stage, and also the only animals to consume milk from another species. if you think about it, an adult cow needs to grow to 400 lbs, and adult human...100-200lbs. many say that due to the chemical nature of milk, the body can't get the nutrients that are added to it.
    my point is, you don't need a milk substitute. plan on getting most nutrients form vegetables, fruit, beans, whole grains and meat.
    water is fine to drink. in marketing schools they say the dairy council created the best ever marketing campaign...entering the school systems and convincing the public that milk was a dietary necessity.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:28 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• ^
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• You can give rice milk. But I would see an allergist to confirm the allergies.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 11:40 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I would suggest taking her to her pedi and seeing an allergist in regards to it. My son is allergic to milk and soy but his GI doctors put him on Neocate Jr. as a milk replacement. Necoate is an amino-acid based medical food.
    chelleybeans

Answer by chelleybeans at 5:35 AM on Feb. 3, 2010