Does your s/o-DF-DH comfort you if you've had a very disturbing dream-especially about him?

My DF cheated on me in the past-even had kids with other women, before he became my DF-but he got saved, I MEAN REALLY saved-going to church more than I have lately, praying a lot more, helping me out with our two kids like never before-Really showing that God can change those that WANT to change for the better...Most of the time, when I have dreams like that, I let it go and pray it off, and go back to sleep. I woke up at 3am, and haven't been back to sleep since, but because I knew it was just a dream and fear messing with me, I didn't want to wake him up. When he finally did wake up, he could tell something was bothering me, and kept asking...When I told him, I busted out crying-and he just held me tighter than he has in a long time and said "Baby, I know I messed up in the past, but I promise you, I know what I have in you." which made me cry all the more! LOL! In the past, tears just made him mad! Wow...God is good, huh?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:26 AM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• WOW! God is sooo good! You have a good man! My husband used to hold me like that when I get a bad dream or something but he hasn't here lately. He just rolls over and goes back to sleep even though he knows I just had a nightmare. It hurts my feelings a lot. I just want to be held like that. I too have dreams about my husband cheating or something like that and yes it hurts really bad because I love him so much. Maybe you can pray for MY husband and I will pray for yours! :)
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 9:02 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• When I have a nightmare, even if it is not about him, I try and wake him up and ask him to hold me. He'll throw his arm over me and go back to sleep!
    Anonymous