My DS is sick. What should I do?

He just woke up and threw up curled milk. And he just wants to lay around and try to go back to sleep. He threw up flemy (sp) milk a couple times. I took his temp twice and it's only 96.8. What can I do to help him feel better?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:44 AM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well first do not give him anymore milk!! For a few days or until he hasnt thrown up for a good 12 hours. I like the BRAT diet and only water or gatorade.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 8:46 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• if he's running a fever giving him milk will not help because he's gonna keep throwing it up. he probably has a stomach virus i think (not a doc just a nurse, lol) and i would take him to the doc before he gets worst. he can lose lots of weight from just vomiting alone. until you get him to the doc keep him hydrated with pedilite, water and watered down apple juice. and feed him small meals at a time. i hope he feels better sooner than later
    MommaSyrup07

Answer by MommaSyrup07 at 8:47 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• The last time he had milk was before he went to sleep last night.and he felt fine . What is the BRAT diet? He is a picky eatter.. ~OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:48 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I wouldn't give him anything for at least an hour and then start simple, toast, crackers, banana, applesauce. Give him a little water or ginger ale but only let him sip it. Maybe even a Popsicle.

Hope he feels better!

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 8:51 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Thank you all so much for the help and well wishes. I hope he feels better soon too. ~OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:54 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• It may be a virus. It could also be allergies (the phlemy stuff makes me wonder) Try to avoid milk for a day and see how he does. Just be sure to keep him drinking SOMETHING..... powerade, gatorade, kool-aid, pedialyte, etc... Last time mine was sick my doc said that keeping him hydrated was more important than worrying about what kinds of stuff he was drinking (just no milk) Other than that, If it were me I'd let him sleep if he wants to and keep a close eye on him. If he starts running a fever or shows other symptoms you might want to see if you can get him in to see his doc. And try to stick to bland foods (BRAT means bananas, rice, applesauce, toast) Saltines or pretzels work nicely sometimes too. Hope he feels better soon.
    Krysden

Answer by Krysden at 8:57 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• yup no more milk at the moment. how old is he? push water, pedialyte, and watered down juices. If it continues or he seems worse you might wanna call your Dr.
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 9:40 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• He will be 3 in march. ~OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• No more milk or any kind of dairy. Toast, crackers, water and giner ale (the kind with REAL ginger in it), broth and or chicken noodle soup.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Don't give him spoiled milk. Poor kid!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Feb. 1, 2010