dont you think (mainly for "christians")

I have seen many walk away from church/religion due to legalism, judgment, etc--now i am not saying that is always the case--but i find anymore, and think that instead of "religion" bringing all us together--it totally tears many apart--instead of working together for HIM, it creates animosity, favoritism (such as my way is the only way), criticism, etc---we should all be his disciples as believers--or feel free to follow whatever religion, spirituality we chose without getting judged, put down, criticized--i hear alot about satan causing animosity-dont you think that YOU are playing into satans games when you criticize, judge, other forms of religion and spiritualilty????-dont you think religion, is just another way for satan to play his games and separate everyone??? why can we all just get along

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:50 AM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• AMEN!! I totally agree!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:59 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• No, I don't think this. I have heard this and started to think about it but the more I think about it the more I am sure it not valid. I think walking away from the church is the true sin that tears us apart. By walking away from the church we start to interpret and form our own laws even though the Bible states there will be one in charge and guided by the Holly Spirit.
    Kattykitten

Answer by Kattykitten at 9:01 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Christians can and should get along with those who believe that Jesus Christ is Lord. To go along with those who don't would amount to blasphemy against the Holy Spirit and compromise of gigantic proportions. To call sin by its rightful name is not being judgmental, and that's where most people have a problem. To say that anything is wrong based on what God has said is sin is today considered to be judging when that is not at all what it is. God is a God of love, but He is also a God of justice and righteousness. To not point that out to people of religions who don't believe that is to negate God's greatest message to mankind. Satan is the father of lies, and the greatest lie of all is that everybody is going to make it to Heaven, no matter what they believe. The truth, and the only truth, is that those who believe in the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ for their sins are the only ones who will.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:03 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• YES! I have ALWAYS said this! I avoid at all cost anything to do with 'religion'. In my mind all it brings is division. I was raised Catholic and went to a Baptist high school. I was saved in an Assemblies church. Now, I believe what the Bible teaches. Period. I hate legalism... God hates division... I try to live by what I am taught in His word - to love all and judge none. To not be tolerant and to live by the commandments that He has laid out before us.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 9:03 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Bible states there will be one in charge and guided by the Holly Spirit.

How do you know that one who walks away isn't driven or guided by the holy spirit? Thats quite the judgement call, don't ya think?
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 9:04 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• there are so many "religions" in this world separating us---let us just say for example 50--do you really think that 49 of them are all going to hell, or are committing blasphemy of the "holy spirit"--i have a hard time believing that---i think religion separates us all--and if we would all just come together---think of all that we could have accomplished---we are in a battle against ourselves.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• How do you know that one who walks away isn't driven or guided by the holy spirit? Thats quite the judgement call, don't ya think?

no it is not a judgement call and I will pull the verse out later that says the Holy Spirit will guide the person who will be our leader. The leader can't walk away because that wouldn't be a leader.
    Kattykitten

Answer by Kattykitten at 9:23 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• which religion is right nannyb? Just curious. How do you show a good example for those who dont share your faith if you refuse to associate with them? is your faith so weak that it cannot stand up against someone of another faith?
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 9:54 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• "Do not think I came to put peace upon the earth; I came to put, not peace, but a sword. For I came to cause division,..." Mat.10:34,35. It wasn't what Jesus wanted [Acts 12:17-21] but what he knew would inevitably happen. And sometimes (often? usually?) we can simply be pretty poor communicators without any true intention of causing offence or judging.
    JoojooJW

Answer by JoojooJW at 9:54 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I go to church and worship with an entire community. We get together and share our love for the Lord by helping the community. Those that have left the church aren't seen they do their own thing. Religion has brought us together, those that have left are not with us. Religion is away to bring us together with those who share our beliefs, walking away doesn't bring us together it tears us apart.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Feb. 1, 2010