YEAST INFECTION!! help

can you have a yeast infection but your discharge really doesn't change (not chunky or smell) but everything else is irrated, red, swollen,sore, burny???? It feels like one but my discharge hasn't changed so I am confused.. please help!! Thank you....

randilinn

Asked by randilinn at 9:06 AM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• if you have all the other symptoms it may be worth bringing up to you doc anyways. trust me i just went through the same thing and man is the medicine a relief!!
    ashtynsmom730

Answer by ashtynsmom730 at 9:16 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• You COULD, but if your detergent or dryer sheets are heavily perfumed, or the soap you wash up is scented...It could cause some MAJOR irritation! A few years ago, I was washing up with this body wash that smelled SOOOO good...like chocolate!...but a couple days later, it felt like my poosy lips were lit on fire!!! I stopped using the body wash, and got some fragrance free feminine wash, and OMG! What a difference! The itching and burning cleared up almost immediately!
    WatermelonNerd

Answer by WatermelonNerd at 9:19 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• this is my 4th preg. and i have never had a yeast infection b4 being preg. I have had 3 this preg. Each one i only had burning and itching with no other symptoms so yes it could be a yeast inf. Ive never had an odor or discharge with any yeast inf. ive had.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I have used all the same stuff that I have for years! I did call the doc and she said it sounded like it was and to get monistate 7 day cream.. it still has me stumped because I had yeast infections all the time b4 and the discharge always changed... I don't know I have had soooo many problems here lately I wish there was a pill to speed up the process..lol
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 9:23 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• probably but please get checked out my a doc just in case...
    mominbolt

Answer by mominbolt at 9:24 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Thanks ladies!!!!
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 9:25 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Not all yeast infections are the same and what is described. I had one during my pregnancy and went to the doctor and received medication to help it. Your doctor is the best on these issues, since he's the one that sees and examines you. Good luck and don't scratch!!
    happynewyorker

Answer by happynewyorker at 9:37 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Yes, I have had a few where my discharge didn't change at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Yes, but it could also be a sign of BV (bacteria vaginosis) which is basically the opposite of a yeast infection, it's when the balance of flora in your vagina is thrown off in the other direction. Garlic works as a cure for both, so when I feel one coming on and I'm not sure which, I usually use a garlic treatment.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:44 AM on Feb. 1, 2010