At what age was your child when you stopped using Dreft or any other laundry detergent for infants?

To prevent skin irritation

Naiymahal

Asked by Naiymahal at 11:21 PM on Jun. 25, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I got a box for a gift at the baby shower. After than I bought perfume and ink free detergent. Detergents are not like they used to be in our mom's days. the ink and sent free ones are just as good as Dreft and LOTS less expensive.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:23 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I quit with dreft after about 4 months or so. I went to using ALL free and clear for all of our clothes but that's because my husband has skin allergies to detergent and the all works good for his and our son's.
    Pckles42503

Answer by Pckles42503 at 11:23 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I know that when my DS was born I did his stuff with the dreft and continue to do so with him for passed his 1st B-day seeing my DD is only 10 months younger....

I know by the time I moved here my youngest was 14 months and I had stop doing that and had for a while. So I would say about 1 year old, exception being my DS he was 2 years old..but then again I was washing his stuff with his sisters to make fuller loads..if I didn't have her it would be a year.
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 11:26 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Birth, we have always used all I figured if it seemed to bother her we would try something else.
    ilovemybananer

Answer by ilovemybananer at 11:28 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• I never used it. Dreft is scented and I am sensitive to many perfumes.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:11 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

• I never used it. My kids were not sensitive to Tide which is what we used. My sister's kids were very sensitive, I think she still uses it and they are older, 5 and 7
    sapient

Answer by sapient at 12:23 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

• I never used it, I use tide with febreeze and my girl has never had a problem with it. I'd test a few outfits with a normal detergent, if they dont break out then its fine.
    tgiamt

Answer by tgiamt at 12:34 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

• My son is 19 months old and has sensative skin so I still use it. Everyone else I know stopped around one. But it really depends on they way you feel about it. There are also all natural detergents you can use if it makes you feel better.
    libbykate

Answer by libbykate at 2:41 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

• I tried tide with both my boys after about 6 weeks. they did fine so i went ahead and switched. i would say just try it and if they get a rash go back to it. my youngest is sensitive but, tide did not hurt him. i can not use anything else though. i also have to only use huggies on him. he has expensive taste lol...
    BrittanyGL

Answer by BrittanyGL at 11:28 AM on Jun. 26, 2008

• I never used Dreft. I have always used the cheap XTRA brand for all of our close.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Jun. 26, 2008