Since he has been in office, has our president had a positive or negative affect on your opinion of him. Has that opinion changed since he was first elected?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• When he was elected, I said ok. You wanted this; you begged for 2 years for this; you have made promises, now go, do it well. He hasn't done that. He has been lack-luster at best. The latest thing he did that made me just shake my head was bowing to the mayor of Tampa, FL. What the hell was that!

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:17 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I still like him. He is doing the best he can and working hard at fixing things.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 10:08 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• my opinion was negative from the start and has become more so since.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:10 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I was hopeful when he was elected. Not thrilled, but hopeful.

I'm not happy at all now.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:19 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• My opinion 2008~He was an inexperienced junior senator with NO knowledge on how to run a business/economy.

My opinion 2010~He is a puppet to the Democratic Party. Have Teleprompter, will eloquently speak to the American People while catering to special interest groups, big business, and liberal cronies.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:22 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Liked him then, still do.

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:28 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Before the election he was the best candidate on the ballot. While I'm not pleased with some of the decisions made, I still believe that he was the best candidate on the ballot. While my opinion about him has certainly not increased over the last year, I do not think mainstream Americans would be ANY better off with regards to jobs, investments, secure , affordable healthcare, or personal safety had McCain been elected. That's why I do not understand the level of rhetoric spewed by some. Do you actually believe McCain/Palin would have righted the economy by now?  HOW- without angering another huge segment of the population? More than 1 way to solve a problem and none satisfies everyone. The crux? This country is DIVIDED, period. This man has 3 to determine the mark he will leave. If his actions ultimately prove to be positive within that time frame, he may be elected to serve another 4 years.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 10:36 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Do you actually believe McCain/Palin would have righted the economy by now?

I have no doubt they would have allowed the economy to right itself. Obama has magnified the problems.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:44 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I feel the same way I did when he was elected.
    momtolucas2002

Answer by momtolucas2002 at 10:46 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Sister, I can't honestly say McCain would be better, because WE WILL NEVER KNOW. However, Obama has done a sucky job after promising the world. The stimulus was supposed to STOP unemployment from growing, but it didn't. It was SUPPOSED to go to "shovel-ready" jobs, but some states haven't even STARTED those jobs. Other states spent the money to shore up their own bloated budgets instead of using it where it was needed.

I do agree with you, this country is pretty divided right now. No easy solutions, IMO.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:49 AM on Feb. 1, 2010