How many who believe in God, Religion?

Believe Gay Marriage, while may be against your personal beliefs, has no reason to be illegal based on the Constitution?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I am a Christian and I do NOT support gay marriage. It is an attempt to legislate acceptance of homosexuality and THAT is against my constitutional rights..1st amendment freedom to freely practice my faith. I am not free to practice if the gov legislates that I accept something that goes against my faith. Christians will not be free to practice when the legislation finally begins to force churches to accept/perform the marriages...and this will happen. There is nothing in the Constittution about marriage, therefore it is left to the states. Once in the state it is left up to the people. If the people want it fine, if not then so be it. THAT is how the Constitution works.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:18 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• It isn't a constitutional issue first off. I am Catholic as is most of my family, INCLUDING my four gay nephews. Nobody in my family has an issue with it.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:08 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I'm a Catholic who doesn't have an issue with gay marriage. I have a gay cousin.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• How is it a Constitutional issue? My copy of the Constitution doesn't mention gay marriage. It is a populous issue. If the majority of the people in the US don't feel comfortable with it, then you have to live by that. We may be a republic buy we use the majority rules. If we didn't, Scott Brown's election wouldn't be such a big deal.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:13 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I am a Christian - it is NOT a constitutional issue and I don't believe in it. And yes, there is a gay person in my family. I love him very much as he loves me!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 10:15 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I believe in God, but I don't believe in organized religion nor do I believe in telling people they can't be married just because they're gay. Come on now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I'm Christian and support gay marriage.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:18 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I am a Christian I have no problems with ssm. I have a problem with Gays storming into churches/vandelizing/throwing immature hissy fits because a vote didn't go their way. I have a problem if a church is accused of hate speech becausethey preach against ssm. I don't think churches should be scrutinized if they refuse to perform ssm.

Other than that, I think they should marry. Everyone should respect each others opinions on this and move on. Churches shouldn't push their beliefs in politics. Gays shouldn't push their beliefs onto churches.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:18 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I beleive in God and my personal beliefs aside, I dont see a reason not to allow gay people to get married. Come on, straight people screw up enough marriages, gay people cant do any worse, right? I dont see it as a political issue at all.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 10:19 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• It has nothing to do with the consitution, It is just not right. I understand they love each other. How do I explain to men or two women to my toddler?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Feb. 1, 2010