Grammys - What was Taylor Swift thinking?

Did anyone else hear her caterwauling and drowning out Stevie Nicks with the Fleetwood Mac song? I almost cried. Stevie has such an amazing and unique voice that is soothing to the ears and Taylor just blared her vocals to drown her out. Stevie showing the class she has just looked at the kid and made the best of it. OMG, that was so wrong. I know Taylor is young but come on, Stevie is an icon - don't try to upstage her. It just made Taylor look silly.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Entertainment

• I've been saying this all along, the girl can not carry a tune in a bucket. She's a good songwriter, but she's tone deaf.
    jillisue808

Answer by jillisue808 at 8:25 AM on Feb. 3, 2010

• I just answered this in another question. That performance was terrible! I was actually speechless! I stared at the tv than at my SO who laughed at me because he knows I don't think TS is a good singer. I felt so bad for Stevie Nicks, having to try and sing along with someone who can't carry a tune in a bucket. Even my 9 year old son said, "She is not very good" Oh well what can you do?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I really didnt like any of the preformances...
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 10:30 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I like some of Swift's songs, but she is NOT by far the most exceptional singer. She has a decent voice at most.
    I had to look up the performance you were speaking of, as I did not watch but two minutes of the Grammy's. Honestly, that performance by Swift was horrible. She was flat and out of tune. Her music generally drives me crazy, because she does that talk-sing style through most all of her music. It's great for one or two songs, but almost all of them is just redundent.

I think she's popular because she's young and has relatable songs. That's all.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:08 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Kayne West looks like less of a jack-ass after Swift’s performance last night.

She should stick to songwriting....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I thought this blogger said it best

"So, if I were to see this performance at an open mic night at a local pub, I would have been pretty impressed. In fact I would have probably bought them both a beer, well, not Swift, because she is way too young to drink - she gets a Shirley Temple. However, since the duet didn’t take place on a small stage, like an open mic night, but rather on one of the world’s biggest stages, the Grammys, it just wasn’t all that impressive. I couldn’t identify whether it was Nicks or Swift singing slightly out of key, but one of them certainly was, if not both. So before we move on I want to know your opinion. Was this performance dreadful, bad, mediocre, good, or above average… I refuse to put awesome or any of its synonyms as a choice, because if that is your answer then you are too tone deaf to participate in this poll, sorry"
    Anonymous

She should stick to songwriting....

THIS!
    Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 9:39 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• There are guys in the control room who can Turn the mikes up and down. Complain about their performance.
    Anonymous