Do you automatically do things for your husband make his plate and bring it to him, take care of him when sick, run bath water, or do you think it is going to far. He does the same for me , but my friend thinks I baby him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• I have babied my husband for 45 years and have no intention of stopping. Just remember, the more you give, the more you get in return!!!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 12:57 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• To hell with your friends. He's your man. If he does the same for you, or even if he doesnt. Take care of your man, or someone else will. JMO
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I do the things I think will make him happy and keep him comfortable. He was a bachelor for 20 years, so he's not really used to someone taking care of him. But he does things for me without asking (change the oil in the car, take out the trash, etc) so it's kind of a give and take in our relationship depending on what our strengths are.

Answer by missanc at 10:31 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Why in the world would you treat your husband like he was another baby?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I make his plate for him. As he is getting the kids ready for dinner. Otherwise he is a big boy and take care of himself. When he is sick I will baby him but he does the same for me.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 10:34 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• i do all those but run his bath/shower. and i love it. he works late shift and over time and i think he deserves some extra love. and unlike anon 12:32 i love making him feel special. he does the same for me. it shows how much you love. who care what everyone else thinks and long as you and your husband are happy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I usually make both of our plates but I don't bring his to him. We both take care of the other when we're sick. My husband was awesome right after I had my daughter. He is a HUGE grump when he's sleeping and I had a stomach bug when she was 2 weeks old. I breastfeed so I would get up and feed her and then part way through feel the urge to throw up. So I would run in, throw (not literally!) her on the bed or in the crib, shake his leg, and then run into the bathroom. She would cry and scream and he would get up and hold her (still screaming) and he never was grumpy about it at all. I'm sure he wasn't happy, but he just waited until I was done and then gave her back to me to finish feeding. Then he picked up a prescription for me the next day and brought it during his lunch break. Anyway, there are certain things we each do for the other that you might say we baby the other.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:38 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Nope I don't, but my hub would HATE it. Except when he's sick, then YES it's like taking care of my children. But that is just us.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:49 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I agree, why treat him like a baby? I help make my guy comfortable, but not to this extent!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• When the hubbs and I met he was living with his cousin. He cleaned the house, he paid the bills, he did everything. When I moved in and his cousin moved out I started taking care of him. More of an instinctual thing more then anything else. I then started to notice that he was being spoiled rotten. He would almost expect me to do things for him and stopped doing things for himself. I let up a bit and went on strike on most everything until he started doing for himself again. Now it's less due to instinct and more due to me wanting to. I will fix a plate for him, I sometimes grabe him an outfit for him to hurry things along, I'll get his coffee for him, and give him backrubs. I never treated him like a child or like he was at all incapable. I just kind of took that role of nuturing him. When it became a problem I backed off and now we're at a happy medium. I do these things for him because I love him and like taking care of him
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:59 AM on Feb. 1, 2010