How do I help my 2 yr old share and stop saying "mine" all the time?

I have a boy that just tured 2 in December. Everything has been great except the "mine" thing. Any suggestion would be wonderful.

Salinas7

Asked by Salinas7 at 10:36 AM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• All I can say is to keep reiderating that he is to share his toys. That even though the toys might be his it is polite to share them with other children. If the toy isn't his, then make sure he knows it. "Johnny, that is Lily's toy. You have to ask her if you can play with the toy." If he refuses to share then give him one warning. "Johnny, remember we share our toys. If you cannot share then the toy will be taken away." If he again refuses to share then take the toy away. Be consistant and follow through. If he continues not to share even after one toy is taken away, then tell him next step is a time out. Give a time out if it is needed after ONE warning. Again, be consistant and follow through. It's all about setting bounderies and keeping your kid within those bounderies. One warning before a punishment, and follow through once the child disobeys after the first warning.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:41 AM on Feb. 1, 2010