If you ever tell your child "We"ll see." Does that usually mean yes or no for you. My toddler atomatically takes that as a yes.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• It's usually "no" for me but it depends on what they are asking for. My oldest son would rather hear "we'll see' than no! He'll ask me something and I might say no or I don't know and he'll say "We'll see mom? We'll see?" So I'll say yes we'll see!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• It usually means No for me too. My oldest daughter understands this and always gets irritated when i say it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• My son automatically takes it as a no, I usually mean no.
    Ifiwereabook

Answer by Ifiwereabook at 10:58 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• it depends...if they keep pestering that "we'll see" turns into a no, but if they leave it at that then its a yes.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 10:59 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I agree with Hypermamaz: It means, I actually will look into it and decide, but, if you bring it up even one more time, then, it automatically means no.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:02 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• When I say it, it will probably be a no, but I actually do mean that it depends on how the rest of the day or evening go. however, my SD does seem to think that I mean yes a lot. Sometimes she goes the opposite though and assumes I mean no. She is 9. I think sometimes she takes my answers as what her mom would do. And in general her mom gives her whatever she wants or something else she may want...
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 11:17 AM on Feb. 1, 2010