How many is too many braxton hicks?!

I'm 31 weeks pregnant and these braxton hicks are getting more and more frequent. Last night they woke me up from a deep sleep. I have a doctor's appointment in a few days, but I was wondering when I should be concerned? I didn't have any of these with my son, so this is all new to me. I thought BH weren't supposed to be painful? Last night my whole stomach was getting tight and I was cramping. They did end up going away, so I'm not sure if I should still be worried or not. It got to the point last night where I was having about 5 or 6 an hour! Now, it's dropped down to only about 1 an hour or so. I was going to go to the ER last night until I looked out and realized there was way too much snow and ice to even get out of our driveway safely. Do you think I should still go now?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• every 5 mins is to many
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Call your doc and ask them they will tell you if you need to come in or not. Is the baby active still?
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 12:16 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• OP here. The baby is still active. She had the hiccups a few minutes ago and she's been kicking as always.
    Anonymous

• Go ahead and call your doctor and let him/her know what is going on but I don't think you need to worry much unless your water breaks, you start bleeding or they become more intense and are consistantly timeable. Ask your doc when you call how frequent is too frequent for your situation! Good luck!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 12:51 PM on Feb. 1, 2010