stop growing?

What age do dogs typically stop growing? My dog seems small and I'm just courious if she is done growing. She turned a year old in November.

4hens

Asked by 4hens at 11:07 AM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Pets

• most dogs stop growing after a year. It's all breed dependant. German Shepherds dont' stop growing till around age 2.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:08 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• depends on the breed of dog, and generally females are smaller than males. Could also have something to do with her weight at birth. Family history.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 11:08 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• She;s a boxer and both of her parents were extrememly large and also a brother that was on premisis. I know she was not the runt but I dont know if she was maybe one of the smaller pups. I love her to death but I was hoping for her to be bigger.
    4hens

Answer by 4hens at 11:21 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• i have a boxer too and he is about 80 lbs and 4 years old. His mom was pretty small and dad was average. They are all different, like kids some get tall as adults, some like me, do not. lol She may grow a bit more, i don't know what she looks like now, but perhaps talk to your vet about it.
    xtwilightx

Answer by xtwilightx at 11:34 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• She is beautiful and healthy but only about 50 lbs.
    4hens

Answer by 4hens at 11:39 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Boxers are psychologically puppies for at least 3 years. Many of them are "grown" at 1 year but the "fill out" over the course of 3 years. If she's getting all the crazy running around she needs, her muscle definition will continue to improve and she'll look more mature and this could last until 3.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:20 PM on Feb. 1, 2010