My little girl seems to be calm now but

I turned my back for a second to go grab her a sippy from the kitchen. The min I was gone she managed to pull the dvd rack down ( it was empty already thankfully)
But it fell right on her head and she started screaming. She cried for about 10 mins and now that she is calmed down I see a bruise on her cheek bone.
Should I take her to the dr or since she calmed down and is playing will she be ok?
She is 9 months old.
Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She will be okay just keep a eye on her. Now throwing up or acting off...or anything like that. Give her a kiss and hug and all will be okay.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 11:27 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• As long as she's acting normal I wouldn't bother, all kids get bumps & bruises, just wait till she starts walking!!!! If she starts acting lethargic or her muscle movements become jerky or abnormal then take her to the er, concusions can be a bad, hard to identify injury but it sounds like yours is ok.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 11:27 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• OK thank you ladies :)
    Just worried me, she loves to do things she shouldnt when mommy isn't looking LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Just watch her but she should be fine...just the start of a long lifetime of scrapes, bruises and cuts mom ;) hope she is ok ;)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• i agree with the others! just keep an eye on her. if she is acting normal now, I wouldnt worry. if it was something serious she would be acting not like herself. there are some cute ice packs for kids, which are very soft on the outside. if you have one, or a soft rag, apply it every chance you get to the bruise! :)
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 12:22 PM on Feb. 1, 2010