If you were having twins....

what would you absolutely need to get 2 of and what items would you just have 1 of for both babies to use? I am 19 weeks pregnant with boy/girl twins and I can't really decide/figure what I'm REALLY gonna need 2 of! Suggestions welcome!

Also, would you get 2 baby books? Or just 1? I've looked and looked and looked online for a TWIN baby book and I can't really find anything.

JenMarie2007

Asked by JenMarie2007 at 11:33 AM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• At first I would only have 1 crib, put them both in the same one. Tell they got to big. 2 car seat of course. 1 changing table, you can only change 1 at a time anyways. The will not need highchairs right away. But you will need 2 of those.

Answer by louise2 at 11:39 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• the only think NEED 2 of is carseats everything else can he used in turn. Crib can be used together. High chairs you will need adventually you can get the small seats that attach to chairs and you can recline and such.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 11:43 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• For my family we absolutely had to have two carseats, two cribs, and two highchairs; many twin moms also swear by two bouncer seats, but we barely used those at all. Unless you hvae a lot of room and extra money to spend I would limit other big items to just one until you are certain you will really use two. I had one swing (only one baby liked it), one excersaucer (they took turns), one jumparoo (they took turns), and later one activity table (a big one they could use at the same time). As they get older you do need duplicates on many toys (could not have survived with only one push/ride car). I think two baby books is a good idea so you will have one to pass on to each of them later on, but I mostly wrote down daily things for both on a calendar so i could go back and fill in the baby books later as I had time. You can join twin groups on cafemom and find lots of helpful info from other twin moms. Congrats & GL!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• We had boy/girl twins..they both slept in the same crib for the first year and they shared a playpen..things I recommend you get 2 of are car seats of course.. two swings preferable portable swings if you can and two stabilized walkers/bouncy seats.. I only had one of each .. and oh my goodness!!!! Life would have been a lot easy if I'd had two of those.. if I ever have twins again I definitely would.

munchkinaplenty

Answer by munchkinaplenty at 2:04 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• 2 carseats of course...2 bouncy chairs (believe me you will use these)....I also done 2 swings...If you want crins to match buy them together. I made that mistake and ordered my first one and said well I will wait until they get bigger and get another one. Wrong, it was discontinued and I had to get a different one. 2 baby books because they will each have their own later in life. You will later need 2 high chairs or at least the ones that set on a kitchen table chair. Hope this helps.
    t_06_twins

Answer by t_06_twins at 2:11 PM on Feb. 1, 2010