Spin off of the "Christians would you be upset about witchcraft healing your child" question...

Today it's really hard for us to deny that medicine is a great thing and cures everything from a cold to cancer in some cases...

However, Witches and Witchdoctors have been curing people with herbs and other "medicines" for Thousands of years (and continue to). In point of fact many of todays "medicines" came out of old world Witchdoctor or Witches cures.

So, how is relying on medicine really that different from having a local "Witch" help. Isn't the point to cure? Why is the title of the person administering the medicine more important than the cure itself? Or isn't it??

Would really deny your sick child care simply because the cure came out of Witchcraft??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• The point you are missing here is that many people (me included) dont believe "witchcraft" can cure anything. sorry, don't believe.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• good question :)
    necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 11:44 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Witchcraft religions are more than thoughts in people's heads and words said aloud it's the practice of sprinkles of this and that lotion that are not as commonly known as religions that holy water is used only at christening and funeral services.

I would not be comfortable with someone sprinkling lotions and using words that the world in general knows less about than about other religions.

My chosen religion for my kids my family are more comfortable to us and its not witchcraft religions. "Modern Day Medicine even new clinical trials' are originating from medicines used already plus hormones and chemicals better known to most of society in our country than lotions or potions and words of the witchcraft religion.

I don't allow doorknock religion at my home, I'm established in my religion and my medicine world so I wouldn't allow witchcraft as a medicinal cure. It would be more widely used inmedicine if it were thatgood.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 11:44 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• witchcraft is spells or chants or whatever, doctors are educated in medical school to treat specific illnesses and I'd rather rely on a specialized doctor than a witch. It's waaaaay different, and thats not from a religious point of view.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I like BOTH of the anon answers !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• OP... again asking this type of question is only asking for those who practice Witchcraft to be bashed by Christians...
    I know not all Christians will do so, but here on CM you have a great many that will... and they will only claim that it is
    their opinion when infact it is judging, bashing and hating of what another may practice...

But to answer your question... yes a lot of the current medicines history do stem from herbs of ancient uses...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:47 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Using herbs is the same as using other types of medicine but I rather get mine from a medical doctor. People have used herbs for thousands of years because thats what was available there is nothing wrong with that.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 12:21 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Witches or no Witches, Christian or non- Christian, herbs heal~! :) I wouldn't be well without them ;)
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 12:27 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Because God the Almighty made the herbs. Just because a witch doctor pulled out an herb and used them doesn't make the witch the owner or the inventor.

God is the creator of all, even those that don't believe in him. The medicines he gives us are his miracles.
    Anonymous

• Had a friend who was diagnosed with breast cancer. A type that was very easily cured by surgery and it was found out in the very early stages. She had her children and this was 100% easy to rid her body. She went to some nutty guru witch type spiritual healer who told her the doctors were wrong. She refused meds and things got ugly the last I heard she was still fighting word from the doctors as she got sicker.

How is that NOT evil working?
    Anonymous