Am I acting like a bitch?

Does this make sense to anyone else or am I just in a bitchy mood?

my LO's b-day is Feb 10th (turning 2) but we are celebrating it the 11th, because my DH has to work every other day but that one.

I invited a girl who is a friend and her family. Now, her son's b-day is the 11th, but they are celebrating it on saturday, the 13th with a HUGE party. She tells me she isn't coming to my LO's bday party cause that E's bday and they are celebrating it with him...

Um... ok.. I thought they were having the party on the 13th? This really upset me because I THOUGHT we were really good friends. She expects us to come to her son's bday but they aren't coming to my LO's bday.

Am I acting like a bitch by being mad?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No you are not. Tell her you will be to busy that day to attend.

Answer by louise2 at 11:48 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I think too much is being made of a co incidence of close dates of beloved children's innocent birthday parties. You each have a right to be anxious about your own parties. Don't let this intertwining of dates ruin a good friendship.

Both of your homes will be busy with setups. Whether or not she gifts your child, be nice and gift hers even small. It shows no hard feelings we can't help that our kids were born the same month so close to each other.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 11:51 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• maybe since her kid is having such a BIG party she is too busy get things ready for it ...
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 11:52 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I would be upset too. I don't know if I would be mad about it. Maybe they are going to do something special for him on his actual bday with just him. Although she could at least make an attempt to make it to your son's party since you guys are friends. If you dont feel like going to her son's party because of it, just tell her you already made plans for that day that you can't change.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Thing is. she is like "we are going to take E to chuck e cheese on thursday.. you guys could come".. :( so basically it's like she's not even consernced with my LO or our party.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• plus, she KNOWS that thursday is the only day we can celebrate because of DH's work.. he's only had thursdays off for months now.. so it's not like it was a huge surprise or anything.

And they aren't setting up the party thursday.. she's talking about going to CEC and such. like, it's so hard to stop at our house (ON THE WAY) to eat some hamburgers and hot dogs and eat cake. I don't care about presents.. I just thought we were close..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Feb. 1, 2010

• you know...i met a friend off of CM and invited her to my son's bday...she didnt come cause she was busy so i thought "ok thats fine". so this last week, i made a stop into her work to meet her for the first time and had a nice convo. with her...so i invited her out to the bar with us...she said she loves going out and she wanted to so let her know the date and time and where so that i did and i even exchanged phone numbers with her...i called her to let her know all of this the day of and she not only ignored my call but i also left a messege and never recieved a phone call back.

some pple are meant to be left as friendless...if they dont wanna contribute thier part, why should i have to do anything on my part?...i did everything i could, it was up to her to make what she wanted of it and now i get where i stand.
    Anonymous

• one of them is me
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 12:20 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I've found it's better not to be emotionally invested in who invites who and who comes to whose party- just not worth it. She may have birthday traditions other than the party- for instance, even if the party is on a different day, on the b-day child's actual birthday we always go out to dinner as a family with the b-day child picking the restaurant. The kids would be really upset if we didn't do this, it's an important tradition to them. And if it conflicted with a friend's child's party, I hope they would understand!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 12:26 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Yes, I think you are. If she has other plans then she has other plans. Grow up about it already. It's not worth losing your friendship over.
    Anonymous