What can I take?

I have been getting such bad headaches. Im about 6 weeks pregnant.
I do not want to take tylenol, not with all the recalls they have been having. What can I take to help?
I am gonna call my dr but they are not open yet.
THANKS

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Look for a the store brand of Acetaminophen. (Tylenol is acetaminophen) Mine is 325mg dosage and that is the regular strength. I had to take prometrium with this pregnancy since my levels were low! Hope that helps!!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 1:04 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Nothing. Drink plenty of water. If you wear contacts, switch to your glasses. Dehydration causes most headaches.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:38 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• No I am not dehydrated. I have had headaches my whole life.
    I would like something to help, sorry that I prefer a med to help
    Anonymous

• Next time answer the question at hand not push your feelings
    Anonymous

• My doctor says Tylenol is ok. I understand Tylenol is having a bunch of recalls, but there are medicines that are the exact same ingredients as Tylenol but not made by them. I would opt for one of those. The WalMart brand works just as well and is cheaper.
    Anonymous

• Have you had your hormone levels checked? I only ask because the last two pregnancies I had, I would get horrible headaches and it turned out my progesterone was low. If your headaches coincide with your menstral cycle, that could be one reason. But to answer the question with what I was told, the only thing I was approved to take by my doc was Regular Strength Tylenol. I hope you get some relief soon!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 12:47 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Thanks ladies, all I have had checked was my HCG and thrusday last week it was 1722
    They have me on prometrium to help avoid a miscariage.
    I know this sounds so dorky but what the heck is the generic of tylenol LOL
    Anonymous

• Thanks
    Anonymous