Anyone ever feel like they could be doing so much better if only they could move to a new town???

One thing makes me unhappy and it is the town I live in. I want to have a change of scenery, new environment and new opportunities opening up for me. I am a regular church attendee, involved in fellowship groups, bible studies and met some nice people there. I have lived in this town 23 yrs and in the same house for all that time, too. Have a good idea career wise, what I want to do and now I want to go out and tackle it and see what I can do. Too much of my life has been mapped out, controlled by other people and I am in need of some air. Recent situations have turned peoples attitudes somewhat sour toward me. It is a result of my son getting into trouble with the law. I am excited for some changes!!! I want to meet people in a new town and get established somewhere new, get involved in community events and break out of my shell a little.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 PM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Sounds like just what the Dr. ordered for you! I moved from the small, confining community I lived in 20 yrs. ago..best move I ever made! I say GO FOR IT~! You only live once~! Good Luck~! :)
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 12:15 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• good for you...

i moved...closer to the inlaws..lets just say "BIG MISTAKE" so yeah...dont do what i did.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 12:27 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• My husbands in the Military it's nice to be able to have fresh starts when we move...

Anonymous

• it sounds like you need a change in scenery. If nothing is keeping you from doing it, move at least 50 miles away & start over with new job & friends.
    mommorgan

Answer by mommorgan at 12:30 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• i'm moving to san diego in 4-5weeks ;) YAY!!!!! I only moved to the town i live in so i could calm my life down, i did that so now i'm about to go back to the city.
    _mimimosley_

Answer by _mimimosley_ at 12:33 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I think that living in a small town would only benefit me by being able to find a good guy. Other than that, not really. My family is here (parents, sis and her family, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins). I have a great job and there is a stuff to do... not much but there is outdoor activities.

Good luck to you.
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 12:38 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• yeah. i live in new york, i lived in FL for two years, but moved back to ny because i was lonley. i ended up meeting my sons father and now i have my son, but i HATE it here again, which is why i moved to FL, and now i wish SO bad, i could move back there. and as soon as i can, im going to. i just hate the people here, its cold and theres nothing to do, and its too expensive. i feel like my life would be so much better in FL.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 1:06 PM on Feb. 1, 2010