How much do you pay?

I know that MANY of the moms on here are stay-at-home moms so if these questions don't apply to you, I thank you for your time!

How much do you pay for childcare?
Where are you? Rural/Urban?
How often do you use childcare?
Do you pay in advance or after care has been provided?
Is the home care or center care licensed?
What do you supply your childcare provider with?
If you could change one thing about your childcare, what would it be?

Thank you. I am using this information to help me figure out the best way to run a daycare from my own home. I appreciate all your responses!

aly38914290

Asked by aly38914290 at 12:04 PM on Feb. 1, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• How much do you pay for childcare? $700 a month full time
    Where are you? Rural/Urban? Suburbs
    How often do you use childcare? My daughter is 5 now so it's before and after kindergarten, when she was younger it was all day.
    Do you pay in advance or after care has been provided? We have to pay this friday for the following week
    Is the home care or center care licensed? yes, I wouldn't go to one that wasn't
    What do you supply your childcare provider with? When my daughter was younger diapers/wipes and rash cream/formula. Now that she is older she just needs an extra set of clothing. They also require a list of all of her vaccinations and a health certificate yearly.
    If you could change one thing about your childcare, what would it be? The amount of time they watch tv. They watch 1.5 hours a day ( a movie around lunch) My daughter watches tv at home, doesn't need to watch it at daycare.
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 11:09 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• How much do you pay for childcare? $312/week for 2 18 month olds
    Where are you? Rural/Urban? Town of about 30,000
    How often do you use childcare? At least two days a week up to 4 days (on the rare week all 5 days 7:30AM till 5:30PM)
    Do you pay in advance or after care has been provided? In advance - I give my lady post dated cheques.
    Is the home care or center care licensed? Not licenced
    What do you supply your childcare provider with? Diapers, wipes, snacks, milk.
    If you could change one thing about your childcare, what would it be? It would cost less lol. I pay for 4 days a week regardless of if my kids are there or not.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 5:32 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• How much do you pay for childcare? $7 a day for after school care or $85 a week for full time care (when he is out of school)
    Where are you? Rural/Urban? City of about 35,000
    How often do you use childcare? Monday-Friday, every week
    Do you pay in advance or after care has been provided? It is required that I pay by Friday for the next week's service.
    Is the home care or center care licensed? Licensed center
    What do you supply your childcare provider with? $25 annual supply fee
    If you could change one thing about your childcare, what would it be? I wish they would give me more info about how his afternoon was (behavior wise)

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:04 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I pay someone to come to my home 3-4 days a week from 3-8pm. So I provide everything and pay her every Monday. $150.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Feb. 2, 2010