How much do you pay?

I know that MANY of the moms on here are stay-at-home moms so if these questions don't apply to you, I thank you for your time!

How much do you pay for childcare?
Where are you? Rural/Urban?
How often do you use childcare?
Do you pay in advance or after care has been provided?
Is the home care or center care licensed?
What do you supply your childcare provider with?
If you could change one thing about your childcare, what would it be?

Thank you. I am using this information to help me figure out the best way to run a daycare from my own home. I appreciate all your responses!

aly38914290

Asked by aly38914290 at 12:05 PM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• How much do you pay for childcare? $115 a week

Where are you? Rural/Urban? more rural, but not the boonies!

How often do you use childcare? M-F 7am - 3:30pm

Do you pay in advance or after care has been provided? After - every other friday (my pay days)

Is the home care or center care licensed? home care

What do you supply your childcare provider with? diapers, wipes. food when she was an infant, she is now 21 months and the sitter provides food.

If you could change one thing about your childcare, what would it be? nothing! I love Debra!
    cschwanger

Answer by cschwanger at 1:27 PM on Feb. 2, 2010

• My little ones are in full-time daycare M-F. I pay $200 per week for care for my twin two year olds at a licensed center that is open from 6:30 am to 6 pm M-F (I leave them anywhere from 7 to 10 hours per day). I supply diapers and wipes, and they furnish food (under one yer I also supplied formula and babyfood). I pay on Monday or Tuesday of each week for the current week, and the amount I pay includes a $10 sibbling discount. I paid about $230 per week with a $10 discount until they were 18 months old. When I have to work overtime on Saturdays I pay a babysitter $10 per hour to watch both of them in her home or mine - her home she provides food, and my home I provide food. I pay the weekend babysitter when I pick the kids up and I always round to the next hour (she would not specify what she wanted to be paid, but I think what I pay is above average where I live). I live in a city with a population of about 200,000.
    Anonymous

• I pay $200 a week for one 17 month-old at a licensed in-home daycare.... I'm in an urban area, and he's there full time, Mon-Fri from about 7:45am till 5:15pm. I provide the diapers and wipes, she provides the food. When he was still on formula and baby food, I would provide those too. I pay every Friday, for the following week. And honestly, I wouldn't change a thing, we both LOVE our daycare provider!
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 12:41 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Im a SAHM so I dont use day care or anything like that. My sister however, pays $500/month for her 18 month old. My sis supplies the diapers, wipes and milk. The caregiver takes care of snacks. It is a home based licensed care center. They are car seat techs and first aid trained. They only take up to 4 kids at one time with 1-2 adults present. She gets an invoice every Friday and pays the following Monday. Its a pretty rural area out here. Ive visited with the main care provider and she is a super sweet and educated woman. If I were going to leave my kid with anyone, itd be her.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 12:51 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• How much do you pay for childcare? -- for a 2 year old $165 + $10 for breakfast per week
    Where are you? Rural/Urban? - Suburban, I think
    How often do you use childcare? 5 days a week - from about 8 to 6:30
    Do you pay in advance or after care has been provided? advance
    Is the home care or center care licensed? licensed day care center
    What do you supply your childcare provider with? sheets/blankets. in infancy - diapers, wipes, milk/foods, bibs, sheets, blankets
    If you could change one thing about your childcare, what would it be? medicine policy. They are too strict.
    Anonymous

• How much do you pay for childcare? 110 a week

Where are you? Rural/Urban? urban i live in miami

How often do you use childcare?My daughter goes everyday i work except sundays. So on a week I work on sunday she goes 4 days on a week i am off sunday she goes 5. Usually 2 days are from 9-6, one day from 10:30 to 8:30 and two days from 1-8:30. I work in retail so my schedule vaies.

Do you pay in advance or after care has been provided?We pay on Monday

Is the home care or center care licensed?it is a licensed home daycare

What do you supply your childcare provider with?diapers and wipes. She provides food.

If you could change one thing about your childcare, what would it be?nothing
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 2:23 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Rural area, in home type daycare. Love it. For my 2 y/o $60.00 a week. All I provide are diapers. Love it!!!!!
    motheroftwo1203

Answer by motheroftwo1203 at 4:13 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• How much do you pay for childcare? We pay $30 for a full day or $8 an hour for part days... depends on the week we pay $70 or $90 for part time care
    Where are you? Rural/Urban? We live in a suburb outside the twin cities
    How often do you use childcare? My son goes about 14-17 hours/week
    Do you pay in advance or after care has been provided? We pay on Fridays
    Is the home care or center care licensed? Licensed home day care
    What do you supply your childcare provider with? Diapers and wipes is all
    If you could change one thing about your childcare, what would it be? Nothing, we are very happy with everything
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 5:15 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• How much do you pay for childcare? - $144 every two weeks ( i work there)
    Where are you? Rural/Urban? - rural, but closer to the urban side of town
    How often do you use childcare? - 4 days a week
    Do you pay in advance or after care has been provided? - it comes out of my check but i know that others pay 1 week ahead
    Is the home care or center care licensed? - center
    What do you supply your childcare provider with? - diapers, wipes, creams and lotions
    If you could change one thing about your childcare, what would it be? - the only thing is using a bib when they know its going to be a messy meal....
    LizaJayne

Answer by LizaJayne at 8:30 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Im urban, I have a nanny come to my house to take care of my child and another baby. together we pay $500 a week
    When my son turns 2 i well send him to a licenced DC for $650 per month. I supply the dipers, wipes and food. A great program...arts & music. from 7am-6pm. His class will have 6 kids two workers
    Blu-Dash

Answer by Blu-Dash at 10:28 AM on Feb. 2, 2010