did you take your baby to the dentist after she got her first tooth?

all the books say take her in .. well shes working on her 2nd tooth and shes only 5 months.. did you take your baby? and did they do?did you take your baby to the dentist after she got her first tooth?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 PM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My Dr said you don't have to till they are 5 yrs old.
    Anonymous

• i asked my dentist and he said they usually go in around 3 years old. until then just brush twice a day. orajel has a little finger brush that comes with "safe to swallow" toothpaste, that is what i use, but my dentist also said you can even use a dry wash cloth to wipe them. my pediatrician said to bring her to the dentist when she has about 16 teeth. good luck.
    Anonymous

• Our dentist likes to see kids at 3 years old. Personally, I think even that's a bit soon.
    Anonymous

• We took our kids in between 3 and 4 years of age. Even then the first appointment was just counting the teeth.
    Cafe Jenn

Answer by Cafe Jenn at 5:40 PM on Feb. 1, 2010