special passage to feel closer to Jesus?

I seemed to have lost that personal feeling I use to have in my relationship with Jesus. I still believe in God and His good works, but it feels so impersonal now.

How do you reconnect and which bible verse would be best to mediate on while trying to move closer to Jesus?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:30 PM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I use Study aides when I try to reconnect. I read from people who have intently studied the times and put it together with his life. There are so many different resources out there to help you with this. I personally love to read the stories of his life. The sermon on the mount, his teaching to Niccodemus (sp?), the Last Supper, and even in the Garden of Gethsemone (sp?). If you take these instances one at a time, they can help you to reconnect with him. Especially when coupled with prayer. Don't go for the long read. Go for the in depth, what can I learn from this, type of read. The "How does this apply to my life?" can always be helpful. Or "How does this help me to draw closer to you Lord?" is also a good question to ponder upon.

I usually keep a little Spiritual thoughts journal to accompany me through my study times. You never know when inspiration will hit you with something you want to remember.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 12:40 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Matt 7: 7"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.8"For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened.
    Ps 24 is a good chapter
    I also read Ps 91 , Is 60: 1-3 but read the whole chpt too ...
    Hope that helps some I find that just reading the word helps draw me closer.. I also listen to music, mostly soaking music and just find rest in Him...

Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:45 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• the verse for you would not be the same for me i suggest you just start reading and something will speak to you. start in psalms
    mom2snsb

Answer by mom2snsb at 7:45 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Revelation 4.20 Look! I stand at the door and knock. If you hear my voice and open the door, I will come in, and we will share a meal together as friends.
    John chapters 14-18 are very personal and he shares that even though he is not here on earth the Holy Spirit is here to help strengthen our relationship with Christ. I encourage you to read those chapters.
    eminelson

Answer by eminelson at 9:00 PM on Feb. 1, 2010