dollar store test?

how reliable are dollar store pregnancy tests? i always buy clear blue easy digital or ept because i know and trust the brand and have never been given an uncertain answer. i know some of you may say a test is a test but for things as important as this i get nervous not buying name brand.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 PM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I got a test from dollar tree and it detected this pregnancy. =) It's so much cheaper and it worked the same for me.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 12:43 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• congratulations :) so exciting. & thanks.
    Anonymous

• for me with alll 3 of my kids the dg test did not work for me but i have many friend who used them and the were right
    klinemom2

Answer by klinemom2 at 1:07 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I have found the ones from the Dollar Tree to be not relaible at all.. false negatives.But the generic ones from Dollar General store and Wal-mart to be very reliable.
    Anonymous

• I used one(wow am I lying here I used more like 6 tests) all from the Dollar stores and they all confirmed I am pregnant with # 2 and due in June. ;)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 2:20 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• The first HPT I used was a store brand and had actually passed the expiration date and still gave the right results. He is almost 10 now. The dollar store tests are just as accurate. They sometimes have First Response, Clear Blue Easy, or other brand names. They off brands are just as good.
    kerijeanbean

Answer by kerijeanbean at 3:32 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• i took the dollar store test in April of last year and i got a bfp and the next day cause i couldnt beleive it again bfp then went to the dr monday and and yup was bfp i did end up lossing that baby in June and i took a test in nov to prove i wasnt preg to my co worker that kept telling me i was preg and sure enough it was bfp and now im 16 weeks as of today so yes they do work
    neonangel2188

Answer by neonangel2188 at 4:35 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• thanks all. i've taken 2 dollar store tests and both of them were negative but i am still late and i am NEVER EVER late and i know i didn't miscalculate. so i'm confused.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• i think i may wait a few more days and then go get an ept or clear blue easy because this just isn't normal for me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Feb. 2, 2010

• thats how my sister found out her youngest was on the way. she bought one from the dollar tree!
    MamaKrita

Answer by MamaKrita at 11:50 PM on Feb. 5, 2010