Christians** Christians*** Christians*** how do you view prayer? Christians**

I am understanding that many people think of spells and/or prayers as "energy" I personally have never thought that. I was raised to believe prayers were asking God for guidance or thanking God for the blessing we have in our life.

I am not always right, nor do I think my line of thinking is right for everyone. I am asking CHRISTIANS if you believe prayer is energy? I know we use energy to pray, but do you believe the actual prayer produces energy? Again, I am not saying you are wrong if you think of prayer as energy. I always think of prayer as a conversation with God. I am just wondering if others think as I do or not. Either way to think is fine but I do want to hear from Christians only right now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 PM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• No, I view it as just talking to God..whether it be thanking or asking for help...etc.

Anonymous

• I have always seen prayer as a way to communicate to our Father in Heaven. It is talking to Him. When done right, you can even feel what His answer for you is. We all know how to talk to someone face to face, but talking to the Lord is an abstract concept for many because the person you are talking to is not right there within view. But it is still communication.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 1:02 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I agree with anon, it's talking with God. It's a private conversation that's full of praise, and thankfulness and maybe some humbleness and sorrow when we ask for forgiveness.
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 1:36 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Prayer is my private conversation with my best friend. I tell Him how things are going what I hope will happen and how I need His help and guidance. I worship Him and praise Him and I thank Him. I tell Him how and which ways I have failed Him and ask that He forgives me. I do gets a peace through my conversations with God and my spirit is renewed so yes there is a certain kind of energy but not in a "new wave" type of thing.
    higherboundmom

Answer by higherboundmom at 1:54 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Prayer is talking to my God. The one true God. I talk to Him all the time. I do meditate as well. Usually, I find something that I really think God is talking to me about in His Word. I will meditate on the phrase or passage that is speaking to me. I really helps me keep my focus where it should be.

AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 5:16 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Prayer is talking to the Lord for Christians but it is also empowered by the Holy Spirit who is to be praying through the believer. It's not all about 'us', it's about the Holy Spirit bringing God's will from heaven to earth through our prayers. The bible says the prayers of a righteous man avails much. This means there is power in prayer. There are many different kinds of prayer, personal prayer and intercessional prayer on behalf of others or a situation, then prayers against demonic forces and prinicipalities and powers over states and countries. If people pray without expectation then there is no power or enduement.
    Anonymous