Should I move???

My husband is stationed in connecticut and I am currently living in Florida. I went to live with him there for about 3 months and hated it! I missed my family so much and I moved back to florida but now I feel like I am breaking our family apart. I feel like the distance putting a toll on our marriage. So I am seriously considering moving back but I have no family there, my career is down here, and he is leaving for a 6 month deployment in June. Should I move?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 PM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• Call me stupid, but my marriage is way more important that my family, career or anything else. My husband of 45 years and I can hardly stand to be apart for one day, so I cannot imagine his living one place and me somewhere else. He will come home from work tonight and tell me how much he has missed me during the day. Since he is leaving in June, I would find a way to go and spend the next four months with him, no matter what it meant I would have to give up. It's very hard to maintain a marriage when couples are together every day. I cannot imagine that it could be done(except in cases of necessity as when he is deployed) on a part-time basis. I would want him to know when he leaves for 6 months that his wife has wanted to spend every possible minute with him before he leaves and that she will be wanting to spend every possible minute with him when he comes back. My husband is priority one and he knows it!!!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:05 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• If he is leaving, and going to be gone for 6 months, then really there is no point. Make a better effort to see eachother more, but I don't think you should move. In June will be out there, and alone.
    Punky_1981

Answer by Punky_1981 at 1:42 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• No, I don't think you should move. Especially since he'll be gone for 6 months in June. You have family (a support system) and your employment is there in Florida. For now, I would say stay right where you are. Maybe after he gets back you'll have to reconsider moving but as of right now, no. If you feel like you are tearing your family apart make special efforts to see him, speak to him on cam, and do little things like send him handwritten letters in the mail with a few photographs of you so that you can show him you are making an effort to stay close to him. Good luck hun!
    AWomansMind

Answer by AWomansMind at 2:12 PM on Feb. 1, 2010