Is Your dh one of the "good ole boys" at work?

My dh and I live in my hometown. He has never been this type of guy. He is having some trouble at work cause these guys have their own group and he is not the type to go along. How do I keep encouraging him when I hear about corruption and things at work. He stands up for himself but I feel for him. Am I the only SAHM who feels this way about her dh's job???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:00 PM on Feb. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• My husband is not part of the typical boys club. He doesn't make comments about other women at work (sexually), he doesn't go out drinking with them after, he doesn't work 70 hours a week to get ahead. In other words, he is a family guy. Truly the type of person who is a good guy, has good boundaries and treats people with respect. I don't really worry about it. Recently he started working out and got his whole department to start training for a triathalon. This set the tone and now things are moving along very nicely. He also joined the soft ball team and brings in items to eat to show he is part of the group. I have encouraged him to take up golf and he hopefully will start in the spring. This will be another way to bond with the powers that be without having to go out drinking, to strip clubs, or anything else that business men often participate in.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 4:09 PM on Feb. 1, 2010