Do you think we should go back to the way things used to be?

Mom staying home, daddies going to work, no violent video games or movies or TV shows???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:03 PM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• In some ways it would be nice.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 1:06 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• In some ways yes. I don't think it would be good to go back to traditional roles. I like the fact that women have a choice to work or not. I do think we need to get back to a time when people had morals and actually raised their child to have and show respect. I also think we need to stop trying to be so politically correct all the time.
    AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 1:10 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Mommies staying home? Should females not be allowed in institutions of higher learning? NO, NO, NO. Many of us were/are able to work, manage a home, have a healthy , lifelong marriage, AND raise bright, independent, healthy, happy children to adulthood. It's great for those who want the CHOICE to be homemakers, but please, do not force that life on women who believe they have more to offer or other talents, skill, knowledge to share.

Maybe the daddies should stay at home- JK

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 1:11 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Yes.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 1:13 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Oh - I also think movies, TV, and music has really turned to crap. There is almost nothing decent on. Promiscuity, teen pregnancy being glorified, language, overall rudeness is all there is. Also, video games have no point or purpose other than turning our children (and a lot of husbands) into mindless idiots. Whatever happened to just playing outside?

AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 1:13 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• "Whatever happened to just playing outside?"

People became terrified that their kids will be kidnapped or molested if they step outside the confines of the living room.
    Anonymous

• you know our parents felt the same way about our generation.
    No what the hell would I do all day now that my DD is in school, I have better things to do with my time then sit around a house doing mindless jobs.
    PsychMommie

Answer by PsychMommie at 1:16 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• "People became terrified that their kids will be kidnapped or molested if they step outside the confines of the living room. "

I think that falls under that whole idea of a complete moral breakdown of this country. Besides, what is wrong with going outside with your children and playing too?

AngelDawn7

Answer by AngelDawn7 at 1:19 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I don't care so much about the video games, because they are irrelevant to human behaviour. However, it would be nice to see the men out there actually being the big, strong, macho men they claim to be. I feel so lucky to have a good man. Got laid off in early December '09, and before the month was over, had another job. We need more men like this. As far as women staying home, I don't mind that either, but it should be the woman's choice. I am perfectly happy to stay home and tend to family, pay the bill, clean house, cook food, and all the other things that go with it. I also work part-time from home, so I feel for myself personally, that I am contributing in many ways to the survival of my family.
    I think most of all, we need to break this vicious cycle of generations of families raised up on Gov. assistance. It is sad, really. There should be many more programs focusing on really helping them get educations and work.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 1:26 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Nothing Angel, I agree with you. I think some parents are just too busy or lazy to go play outside with their kids. Some parents work way late so their kids are left to their own devices until late.
    Anonymous