dilation...

im 37 weeks and 1 day just had a check up today and my doctor checked me. im 1cm dilated 40% effaced and +1 stationed. what exactly does this mean? and is it normal to be crampy after having been checked??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 PM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It can mean you could go into labor soon or out could be pregnant for another 4 weeks.
    Anonymous

• during labor you will dialate to 10 cm and be 100% effaced. This can happen in hours or take weeks. I was 2 cm dialated and 30 % effaced for 3 weeks before I went into labor with my first. I am not exactly what stations mean- it has something to do with how far down the baby is in your pelvic region- but I am not exactly sure what it all means.
    It is normal to be crampy after being checked- but call up your dr/nurses and ask for a clear explination of what is going on with everything- thats what they're there for!
    Congratulations!!
    Anonymous

• google cervical dilation and effacement and you will find some good info.
    Anonymous