my 2 year old is a screaming banshee!!

My 2 year old son has started to scream at the top of his lungs in excitement all the time. I try to ignore it (hoping that he won't be encouraged to continue) but this isn't seeming to help. Any advice on how to get him to simmer down? Thank you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 PM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• well, I have to say that if he is screaming in happiness...then just be happy yourself ;) This too shall pass. Be thankful that he is not screaming in pain or fear!
    Anonymous

• my almost 3 yr old is doing this I ignore it..
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 1:18 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• I think he has found he has control over how loud he can be, My son is doing it a bit , well sometimes allot,lol..It's just exploring his voice.There is NOT allot that they can do for them selves so as they find things they can they will pronounce them often~!~ Mine is funny, he,Mikey will start to sing a song (in his language) and : then get LOUD & LOUDER & LOUDER And Hold it*** LOUD and stop.Possibley do it all over again.' They are to cute, sometimes it's agrivating but most of the time ,cUTE~~
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 1:23 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• My son is almost 13 mo and he has always had the shrillest, loudest little voice. He will just shriek out at the top of his lungs, just because he can! I know, it can be quite aggravating, but I'm just hoping he grows out of it one of these days!
    summergirl618

Answer by summergirl618 at 12:05 PM on Feb. 3, 2010