Chuck E Cheese security?

Does Chuck E Cheese have any security polices to prevent your child from leaving with someone else?

Just curious. I haven't been there in ages. My step mom took my daughter to a new place called Monkey Jungle. They stamps hands and check the numbers to make sure the adult matches the child on the way out. I thought that was a pretty good idea. Was wondering if the other kiddie places have something similair.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:21 PM on Feb. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• I'd insist on the sticky notes with numbers on them along with the hand stamp. That hand stamping actually doesn't work very well.
    I used to have that job, and by the time the kid gets back to you, you often can't read the number. If you are going to use the stamp, tell your kid to blow on it and not touch it for a few minutes before they get it. if it's touched or anything before it dries, it's unreadable.
    I was hung out to dry for telling parents that! Most people at kid check just look at the numbers and tell the kids to go with the adults they happen to be with at the moment because they really can't read the number. and it's management that is probably telling them to do that! They did with me, but I refused.
    sorry to the be burden of bad news, but that was the case last I knew.

Anonymous

• Chuck E. Cheese does the hand stamping and checking numbers thing too.
    Anonymous

• yep they stamp hands
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 1:25 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• This one time when my middle daughter was newborn, we had to take her and her older sister to a party there and they didn't stamp the carrier or the baby and when we went to leave, they took us aside and wouldn't let us go! We had to present proof that she was our baby! I went off... I didn't have any pictures of her yet and the guy who let us in had gone home for the day.

Finally, a half an hour later, after some people from the party spoke to them about it really being our baby, they let us leave with her. Talk about scary! On one hand, it's good that they were that secure, but on the other seems like over-kill. What did they want? DNA samples?

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 1:38 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• "they didn't stamp the carrier or the baby and when we went to leave, they took us aside and wouldn't let us go! We had to present proof that she was our baby!"
    ABSOLUTELY you had to show proof- sorry if it's irritating, but how were they to know that it was your baby? when I worked there, if there was any question i wouldn't let them leave either. The fact that you threw a fit didn't help- that's a sign that they are trained that you are more likely to be a kidnapper.
    If anyone threw a fit on me , and tried to force their way out the door with a kid, then the panic button was called and police arrived-
    Sorry folks, you may know it's your kid but no matter whose fault it is, if they don't know it's your kid then they shouldn't let you leave with them. You may feel bad about it (most don't) but it's much better than someone taking your kid!
    Anonymous

• If some woman gave me a hard time because my baby wasn't stamped and wouldn't let me leave, I'd write the facility a thank you note. If I *HAD* been a kidnapper, their vigilance would have saved my child. I can't believe someone would get pissed about that. I always make sure that everyone gets a stamp in placesl ike that.
    Anonymous

• I was pissed that the person didn't DO THEIR JOB in the first place by stamping the baby or the carrier! That was the first time I had been there and didn't even think about the employee not stamping. You can sit there and judge me all you want but you weren't in my shoes... it was embarrassing and scary being accused of taking your OWN baby and then not being able to produce proof that she WAS mine. Of course I was upset- what would you do? Smile and be totally understanding while they called the cops? Riiiiiiiight...

The employee who was at the door when I came in was negligent and IMO should have been fired. I applaud their attention to detail on the way out the door and only wish they would have paid that much attention on the way in!
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 2:59 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• ihartu -- honestly, yes my response would have been thank you for being so careful... I may have gotten upset for a min. depending on how bad a day I'd had or hormones but DEF. would say THANK YOU to them...
    b/c yes... their making SUCH a big deal... and emb. you would have worked in your favor if someone was trying to kidnap your kid.

So while I sorta sympathize with you, I don't ... I would be writing them a HUGE thank you letter... (in which I would complain about the kid who did not stamp :)
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 3:34 PM on Feb. 1, 2010