Potty training

My daughter is 18 months old and she doesn't seem to wanna potty train is this normal?

proudmomwifey

Asked by proudmomwifey at 1:31 PM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• yes many kids arent ready to potty train till they are 2-3.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:19 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• of course it's normal. my son didn't potty train until 33 months. i think 18 mos is a little early to start training, even though i know there are some that do it at this age....those children may be ready. if she's not showing signs, dont push it.
    MommyToEthan

Answer by MommyToEthan at 3:28 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• Oo yea. I brought the potty out when she was 18 months old and just kept it in the bathroom. When I went I would say hey do you wanna come in and go potty? Now that she is 20 months old she is basically going on her own. I didn't force anything, but I just kept it very light, and if she didn't want to come in I didn't make her, but she just did it b/c it seemed like fun. She has one of those pottys that talks, and sings. And than when she finally went pee in the potty we had a "party". Jumping up and down and giving high fives. She will do it in her own time. Just expose her to it, and she will just do it in her own time. I would just ask her here and there if she wanted/ needed to go. Good luck! OO ps those pull ups help alot b/c they can actually feel wet, unlike diapers that actually kind of keep them dry.
    Trishy7

Answer by Trishy7 at 7:56 PM on Feb. 1, 2010