WIC and Pregnancy

I'm pregnant with baby #3. We are not super tight financially but could use the help temporarily until my husband gets his second job which won't be until spring of next year. Baby is due in August. I'd like to get this baby and my 2 other kids on WIC. We qualify in our state, but do I apply before or after baby comes? With just the 2 kids, we don't qualify but with the baby we do. So... before or after? I'm lost!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 PM on Feb. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You may still qualify, but your older kids may not until the baby comes. You can apply and see what happens...they will just need a note from your doctor with your due date on it.
    Anonymous

• call them and ask them. I couldnt get it until my DD was born, but since you have two other kids you might be able to get it before!
    Anonymous

• I was able to get WIC while pregnant with my youngest and now I am on the nursing mother plan. It can't hurt to call the office and find out about your eligibility. At worst it wastes a little of your time to find out you won't qualify until the baby is born.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:37 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• when i was prego with my daughter they gave to me while i was prego
    Anonymous

• Not quite sure as to why you wouldn't quite qualify with the two kids, but either way-- apply as soon as you can.

With WIC, it'll help make sure YOU are getting the calcium and other essentials into your diet so you can carry this baby just as well as you did the last 2. Your body decreases in calcium with each pregnancy so its the best thing to start ASAP.

After you have baby #3, WIC will continue on helping you and all the kids to make sure they are getting what they need in their diets, and will help you along as well if you're planning on breastfeeding.

Again, ASAP-- it'll help everyone out.
    Anonymous

• At the WIC office they told me as soon as you have a slip confirming your pregnancy from a doctor then your family size goes up.
    mom2LandL

Answer by mom2LandL at 1:45 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• You qualify as soon as you are pregnant.
    elleinad

Answer by elleinad at 2:14 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• do it now. call and find out what all you need,
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 4:06 PM on Feb. 1, 2010

• im on wic now and im due in july i dont have any other kids i guess it just depends on the state i live in colorado so its best to call the wic in your state
    Anonymous